BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Too many rock chips!
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Just changed to my winter wheels/tires yesterday. Man, they are MUCH more quiet than my Yoko AVS Sports! Come next spring, I may want to replace the AVS Sports. I like their performance, but they sure seem loud now. What are my alternatives? Performance on WET roads is a key requirement. It rains here, A LOT! Thanks.

Ed

·
Europrojektz NW
989 Posts
Well there is the Toyo Proxes T1-S, Bridgestone Potenzas S-03s, Continentals, Pirellis P-Zeros, Michelin Pilot Sports. Really depends if you want a performance driven tire or comfort driven tire... :dunno:

I'm going with T1-S next year...

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
6,702 Posts
I have Toyo T1-S, and i have a vert, they seem pretty quiet to me. i'm used Yoko AVS, Nexus, P7000, Nittos, etc, the Toyos are the quiest frm my experience.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Try Dunlop sport 9000 or Toyo proxes T1-S, both high rating with UTQG of 280AA-A...high wet & dry handling...in similar price range as AVS.

For bigger $$$, potenza S-03 but lower rating than above tires, UTQG 220AA-A...softer rubber compound meaning lower tread life.

I can hook you up for discount on your tires, email me.

·
Registered
110 Posts
when i bought them, my wheel guy told me they would be loud. he told me that if i rotated them a little more frequently than recomended, it wont ever get to a point where id notice. and hes been right so far. they are a great tire IMO

1 - 8 of 8 Posts