BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 325CI with 112K on it, and I like to think I take care of if it. I do routine oil changes on it, and will be changing the plugs this weekend as I had a misfire error last week. But, my question is this: Are there any other suggested scheduled maintenance from the dealer? What else should I be looking to maintain? I need to consider doing the suspension, what would that involve parts wise? Thanks for any help. I have been searching around for this stuff, but there are a ton of different opinions. Thanks!

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'm getting ready to do Inspection II, as well as a bunch of other things.
Besides general tune-up parts, I'm also doing the following...

Coolant system and related parts
- Water Pump
- Thermostat/housing
- Pulleys
- Belts
- Radiator
- Senors
- Expansion tank

Control Arm/Bushings
Drive shaft center support bearing/bushing
Drive shaft guibo (flex disc)
Steering coupler/guibo

Transmission filter/fluid/flush
Transfer case fluid/flush (xi)
Rear diff fluid/flush.

My car is at 155K and most of these items are either going back or already need replaced. Your car may not require all of this but I figured it may help. Most of the items are actually very common items that eventually need repairing/replacing.

PS: My front passenger side window regulator needs repaired/replaced as well. :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
+1 to the bushings and suspension pieces. I don't think doing the cooling system is necessary until it goes bad on you, if it does. My E36 has 140k on it, and has gotten away with a new water pump and a flush here and there in the last ten years. The E30 has gotten the same. (Knock on wood) the ZHP hasn't had any issues with the cooling, so I haven't touched it. It's an expensive maintenance job to keep on the list of "Just in Case" preventative stuff. It's $600 in parts alone if you can do it yourself, and about three times that at the stealership. Bushings and links, then keep up on the maintenance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts