E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, newbie here. I want to get a JL 500/1 amp. Which sub do you guys like better? Looking for SQ, but don't have a ski pass or fold down armrest, but I'll definitely be punching the ski pass out.

Is it better for the sub and amp to match (brand-wise)? What about the alpine amps? Was thinking about the W6's but don't want to spend that much dough. I heard the Type X's are cheaper, but more than the Type R and W3's. Whatdya think?

Thanks.

·
Registered
454 Posts
jaycard73 said:
Hey everyone, newbie here. I want to get a JL 500/1 amp. Which sub do you guys like better? Looking for SQ, but don't have a ski pass or fold down armrest, but I'll definitely be punching the ski pass out.

Is it better for the sub and amp to match (brand-wise)? What about the alpine amps? Was thinking about the W6's but don't want to spend that much dough. I heard the Type X's are cheaper, but more than the Type R and W3's. Whatdya think?

Thanks.
i am not sure if type R and W3 are in same league. i thought it's type R and w6.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, they are about the same price give or take a few dollars. The W6's are about the same price as the Alpine Type X's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts