BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow enthusiasts. I'm looking for assistance with replacing a harman Kardon system with navi with the Alpine iLX-W650 in a 2004 330i. Any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
10,075 Posts
All of the electronix are located in the left side of the trunk. The factory head unit is a man-machine interface. That means you’re going to have to run a cable from the the area where the electronix sit to the head unit location. Check the audio section of this forum for further details on the cable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All of the electronix are located in the left side of the trunk. The factory head unit is a man-machine interface. That means you’re going to have to run a cable from the the area where the electronix sit to the head unit location. Check the audio section of this forum for further details on the cable.
Thanks very much for the information. I'm very new to this forum and not certain how to get to the audio section. Also, if you're aware that there is a cable for this application, can you let you me know which one it is? Thanks again!

·
Registered
10,075 Posts
Go to www.crutchfield.com and use the drop down menus to tell the website about your car. It’s critical that it knows the car gas factory nav. “Shop” for a head unit and it should tell you about the cable you need to run from the dash to the left side of the trunk.

The mobile electronics section is in the tuning and tech section on the opening page.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts