BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so apparently where I wanted to put the Alpine HUB (stock amp location) is too far away for me to get the cable to the center arm rest area. I'm about 2 feet too short to have the necessary length for me to feel comfortable having the wire at. So I guess my question is, where do most people have their Alpine Hub if they also use the KCE-422??

Thank you in advance, pics would be great too.

Eddie

·
Registered
82 Posts
Guess the only option for use of the Ipod is to connect it in the trunk or back seat since the cable is not long enough to reach from the trunk to center console. Some have had luck modding the cable by adding an extension but you run the chance that the ipod may not function from the Alpine controls very well (Cable too long or imepedance problems).

I am guessing you want to do a ipod in the center arm rest install. ca1242 has an ideal but I don't know if the Vehicle hub will fit even if you remove everything there. But you might try a false floor installation. If you don't mind the shotgun-rider having less leg room, I'm sure the Vehicle Hub will fit there.

jay

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went ahead an ordered an ipod cable extender for 40 bucks, I'll report back with how it works....cross your fingers everyone!!

thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts