BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

81 - 100 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
can i just say one thing and only one thing.....

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
would you guys considering doing 8psi after the fact now that you've finished or do you think 7psi is at the safepoint still??
Personally I think this engine can take 9PSI safely (cast iron block and high quality Mahle/Alpina pistons), but I do not want to gamble our Roadster S customers engines on it and the Alpina 3.4 SC market is to small to justify extensive long term testing at 8-9PSI. That's why it is IMO better to settle for a very safe 7PSI intercooled and 100 extra whp.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #88 (Edited)
The dealer has inspected the differential. The bad news is that the knocking sound really comes from the rear axle and not from a hardy disk / flexdisk or something else easily replaceable. I will have to send the axle back to Drexler Motorsport for a rebuild. The car has been involved in an accident which happened just before the grand makeover of my car. The left rear suspension was damaged in this incident. All parts have been replaced or upgraded except for the rear axle which passed visual inspection.

The preview video is now available @ http://ilija.nl .

amazing photos, what kind of lense are you using?
These were not my pictures this time. The camera was a Canon 40D with Canon EF-S 10-22mm F/3.5-4.5 USM lense. I don't know what other gear Tom was using.

all that means is he needs to go back and get more boost :eeps:
With current dirty and wet road conditions and temperatures close to 0°C traction is more of a problem than lack of power ;) .

Going back to Norway is not a bad idea.

This a picture from my vacation two years ago in Norway with the car somewhere on top of a 25km tunnel (Norwegians really like building tunnels, if they see rock they want to tunnel through it even it's only to create a shortcut of a few hundred meters ;) ). It was still in original state. You can see how much has changed since then:

·
Registered
741 Posts
Sorry about to hear about your axle but that video is looking awesome. You never stop impressing me. Great job! I'll be waiting on the edge of my seat for the rest of it. Thanks for sharing. :)

·
ninja editor
2,210 Posts
that's an awesome car!
But that's a s52... not based on the s52, it is an s52. It's not like a stroked m54, it's not the z4 3.0L engine: the m54. This is a single vanos pipe laying monster. You have the awesome motor with bore. I know that with this very short deck design that the m20 started, we can't run too much stroke, the rod ratio is horrible in the s52/m54.... which share cranks and rods. And it compromises these motors at high rpms. But the s52 isn't boost deficient with its cast iron block, infinitely better ports, and throttle by cable. I wonder what version of BMW's DME it uses- I wish I could go to these motors- so much less effort, I wonder if they managed to tune a modern double vanos DME for single vanos. I wonder where Alpina added the displacement, bore or stroke.

edit: I'm a total noob for following with someone digging up a dead thread, sorry

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #94 (Edited)
Hi guys,

It's been a while. After many months of hard work I'm finally launching the Alpina Roadster S Supercharged project site. The site contains full descriptions and photo galleries of all mods on my car and features a video we shot on location in Norway after collecting the car at ESS Tuning. Check it out at http://modgarage.net/project/alpina .

Here are some pictures from last year (now with Tekarbon angel eyes):

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
:drool: :drool: :drool: Awesome ride!

·
Registered
208 Posts
great car !

Hi FemmeT,

Awesome ride !

i never saw your original post. I got my 325ti boosted last year August, here's my write up.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=700349&highlight=

I live in Almere, maybe we should hook up some day; i've also met Safar with his 328Ci with a TS2.

I think there are 4 TS2's in holland, i'm sure yours has most horses under the hood though !

greetings,

dub

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #100 (Edited)
Hi FemmeT,

Awesome ride !

i never saw your original post. I got my 325ti boosted last year August, here's my write up.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=700349&highlight=

I live in Almere, maybe we should hook up some day; i've also met Safar with his 328Ci with a TS2.

I think there are 4 TS2's in holland, i'm sure yours has most horses under the hood though !
There is another supercharged Roadster S in the Netherlands. It was done last year in August or September. There were some difficulties with this car but AFAIK they have been fixed by ESS and Simpson in the UK.

I have only been in contact with the owner through email. I believe it's this car:

http://www.autogespot.com/nl/viewimages.php?id=c214748364809022010193437

You can spot the heat exchanger brackets. This car is also fitted with Moton shock absorbers and AP Racing brakes.

You're right, we should meet up some day :) .

Great writeup and awesome car. What's your long term review of the blower?
The performance and drivability is just perfect. Be prepared for higher maintenance costs. I've had a failed alternator (not sure if it has anything to do with the increased power), a cracked weld in the exhaust header that ripped out one of the lambda probes and recently one of the pulley mounts broke apart from the oil or water pump or what else it was attached to (I've not seen it yet, they are working on fixing it).

81 - 100 of 103 Posts