E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
2 point five 3 two 3 i
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
kinda interesting. just randomly checking www.bmwusa.com and came across alpina on bmw's site. I didnt know that they featured tuners.
did anybody notice this? do they do this with other tuners such as Hamann, Breyton, Hartge....etc?
or does Alpina have a special relationship with BMW that other tuners don't?

:dunno:

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Alpina is working with BMW on the somewhat redesigned Z8. I don't know wethere or not BMW plans on working with Alpina on any other cars.

The Z8 looks a lot better now, but has a lil less engine. No more M5 engine, I'd say it's worth it for those awesome rims on the Alpina Roadster.

·
Protect Me From What I Want
1,150 Posts
BMW is not featuring Alpina. I think BMW stopped the production of Z8 and sold it to Alpina. But as part of the deal it is named BMW ALPINA sth sth, not ALPINA sth sth. That's what I heard

And yest Alpina does have a special relationship with BMW. If I remember correctly, back in the old days the boss of BMW used to drive a top-of-the-line Alpina

·
I've got what plants crave.
1,360 Posts
I believe Alpina has been a BMW AG partner for a long time.

·
Registered
426 Posts
call ALpina a Tuner and they'll beat your a$$. Alpina is a car manufacturer if that makes any sense. they start with the basic building blocks of a BMW strait from BMWAG. this has been going on since the 70's. oddly enough Alpina is known for thier impressive and expensive highly sought after wine collection/distribution.:yikes:

I just wish ALpina would come back to the U.S. I miss my E12 B7turbo S :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Alpina's relationship w/ BMW AG is more close than AC-Schnitzer. They are a full-fledged manufacturer, sold as a brand unto it's own.

·
I've got what plants crave.
1,360 Posts
Alpina really is the sh*t. They don't make the most balls out cars (like Hartge, Hamann, etc.), but they're final product in terms of quality/performance/driveability can only be compared to BMW's own Motorsport (///M) division.

·
Banned
345 Posts
Alpina and AC Schnitzer have long been BMW's partner in terms of motorsport and car production, in UK we get manufacturer's warranty if you mod ur car at a BMW dealer, BMW GB distribute and sell Alpina and ACS parts! Now even ACS supercharger is becoming available here:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts