BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, this is my first post!
First and foremost english is not my native language so i appoligize in advance if spelling is a little off :)

Couple of weeks ago i bought a Bmw Alpina B3 3.3 Allrad Touring -2002, and i was wondering if the transfer case (or anything else) would be harmed by driving without the front prop-shaft on it.

Reason beeing the pure fun a rwd is around the corners :)

//thanks all

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the link TiAgxi i will have a look at it !

Kubica: Sure thing! Dont have any pictures of it on this computer but its on the alpina-register http://www.alpina-archive.com/?p=5592&nmt=B3-3.3-Touring-Allrad-061
previous owner put it out there.
If i understand the documentation right the drivetrain is pretty mutch like a standard 330xi but with Alpina engine and a somewath uppgraded transmission (i got the auto one). Got buttons on the steering wheel for manual shifting ... dont think the standard 330 got that ?

·
Registered
593 Posts
i was actually thinking about this the other day as i was replacing my front cv shafts.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Wow! What a engine they build for that model. It's single Vanos but produces 280 hp.

I want an exclusive US import business where I can order them crated from Germany and sell 'em on Ebay for crazy numbers to the HP denied. Boo to superchargers, I wants an Alpine motor!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts