BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boys modded out Audi S4 just got stolen 2 days ago, right out of his driveway... So did his neighbors 330cic... I am really worried about my car getting either completely stolen, or parts being stolen... I went ahead and put all of my aftermarket products under insurance.. i submitted reciepts and they snapped some pictures... i feel alot better now, but i am still worried... Does anyone know how the insurance companies work? Will they pay me exactly what I paid for my mods or what? Also, very important question i forgot to ask:

if my car gets stolen, would my insurance rates go up? I am guessing no because its like not my fault or whatever, but I could be wrong... Any info would be appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
the insurance company is going to screw you no matter
they are crooks pure and simple

your rates will go up if you have a vehicle stolen (even though they say they wont)

they wont cover your mods full value even though you have pics and are paying a premium on the full value
if your lucky you will get 10-20% of their value

only way to cover your ass is to get everything in writing from them and have an attorney review it

good luck insurance companies f you more than the car thieves do and this comes from someone who has had experience with this

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
DropTopBM said:
:thumbdwn: damn man, hope it aint so...
trust me it is so
i lost my ass when my 85 rx-7 was stolen
i had pics, receipts, and my agents assurance that everything was covered

·
Registered
363 Posts
ok from what i know bmw's are technically unstealable cuz of our keys w/chips and **** and what not all that special **** that makes it unstealable now isnt that what u guys were told leaving the dealership or was i just the only one.

·
Registered
321 Posts
futurebmw330ci said:
ok from what i know bmw's are technically unstealable cuz of our keys w/chips and **** and what not all that special **** that makes it unstealable now isnt that what u guys were told leaving the dealership or was i just the only one.
Nothing is "unstealable"..My buddys S4 was just stolen for the second time! -totalled this time- S4's have chips in their keys just like ours..If someone wants your car...they will get it.:sad:

·
Oaf
951 Posts
jAb said:
the insurance company is going to screw you no matter
they are crooks pure and simple

your rates will go up if you have a vehicle stolen (even though they say they wont)

they wont cover your mods full value even though you have pics and are paying a premium on the full value
if your lucky you will get 10-20% of their value
plus the fact that they will drag out the claims process and you'll be left without a car or the money to buy another one (or with a rental) for months....

·
I've got what plants crave.
1,478 Posts
The only thing lower in life than a car thief is someone who abuses animals:thumbdwn:

I really wish there were steeper penalties against this sh*t. Why are our laws so lenient? They'd get a slap on the wrist at worst for doing something like that. It's awful.:thumbdwn:

·
mY Name Is aMiLioooooooO
2,124 Posts
wow i hope they come and jack mine! and future bmw ...if this was true how did all those 3 series get jacked last month!?

·
1,478 Posts
One of the few nice things about living in a quite, rural area.....

·
T!TSLVR
1,263 Posts
How do they steal BMWs???? I thought there was a transponder in the key that if the key was not present, the car would not start!!? Did they haul it away with a tow truck?

Or does that key transponder thing only apply to M3s? :dunno:

Can someone explain how they did it? Thanks.

·
Registered
105 Posts
My guess would be the car was either hauled away by a flatbed or a correct key was made for someone who has unscrupulous BMW connections and was able to provide the vehicle's VIN.

·
1,478 Posts
ruteger said:
My guess would be the car was either hauled away by a flatbed or a correct key was made for someone who has unscrupulous BMW connections and was able to provide the vehicle's VIN.
Scary to think that someone has been planning to steal <B>your</B> car for that long.....you know?

·
Registered
304 Posts
in europe they call it homejacking,they break in to your house and steal the keys of your car...

·
1,478 Posts
davy24 said:
in europe they call it homejacking,they break in to your house and steal the keys of your car...
Gross. I think castration is in order.....:mad:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts