BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Bimmerless
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to UCBSupafly's house last night, just to do a simple oil filter change. Everything was pretty simple, done in about 10 minutes. Was backing out of his garage, then we both heard a weird noise underneath my car. Couldnt figure out what it was, so oh well, off I go. Get a block or so from his house, and my gear indicator wont stop flashing. I turn around and head back to Frank's house and pull up on his driveway. He opens his garage again, so I put it in gear to pull in to have more light, and then.....my heart almost fell out.

Car was in gear, I was revving like a mofo, but car was rolling backwards. OH DAMN! I knew the tranny wasnt blown cuz I did get a block away and made it back. Didnt touch anything but the oil filter. So I thought maybe the circuit to the clutch might have blown. Then about 30 minutes of hysteria, I remember reading a post that if the hood isnt closed completely tight, the car warns you. I slammed my hood, gear indicator is back to normal, and my blood pressure goes back down.

So to all the SMG owners out there, CLOSE YOUR DAMN HOOD TIGHTLY!:lmao: :lmao:

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,846 Posts
bobm3 :thumbup:

381 Posts
Anthony said:
Went to UCBSupafly's house last night, just to do a simple oil filter change. Everything was pretty simple, done in about 10 minutes. Was backing out of his garage, then we both heard a weird noise underneath my car. Couldnt figure out what it was, so oh well, off I go. Get a block or so from his house, and my gear indicator wont stop flashing. I turn around and head back to Frank's house and pull up on his driveway. He opens his garage again, so I put it in gear to pull in to have more light, and then.....my heart almost fell out.

Car was in gear, I was revving like a mofo, but car was rolling backwards. OH DAMN! I knew the tranny wasnt blown cuz I did get a block away and made it back. Didnt touch anything but the oil filter. So I thought maybe the circuit to the clutch might have blown. Then about 30 minutes of hysteria, I remember reading a post that if the hood isnt closed completely tight, the car warns you. I slammed my hood, gear indicator is back to normal, and my blood pressure goes back down.

So to all the SMG owners out there, CLOSE YOUR DAMN HOOD TIGHTLY!:lmao: :lmao:

Haha... your stupid car, almost scared the crap out of me.... I still don't know why your car couldn't get into gear tho :huh:

·
Bimmerless
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Impulss said:
hahaha.. now i know how to play a trick on SMG owners!!
Thats mad wrong man. But yeah, it'll set them off good. Just make sure you let them know wassup before BMW Roadside comes by.:lmao:

·
Bimmerless
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
vinnymac said:
Glad to hear it wasn't anything major. :D
Thanks. Dumb Fuq user error I guess. I wasnt worried about the repairs cuz its all under warranty, just more pissed that I would have to take time off of work for it. Stuff happens, you deal with it and move on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts