E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
I think the face-lift is hideous and I'm not too sure Id like the 6 speeds. I thought it was geared pretty well in 5-speed form. :dunno:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ward said:
ok WTF do they put MY in front of the year? That is pissing me off cuz I dont know what it means.

model year

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Hmmm, I wonder what a tanny swap for a 6 speed would cost.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
gearing will be the same, the 6th gear just gives you an overdrive for better fuel economy when cruising & a higher top speed too. Our cars 5th. gear is only a 1.1 ratio, so the 6th gear will prob be like a .83 or something I would imagine.....

·
Registered
439 Posts
cls1000 said:
gearing will be the same, the 6th gear just gives you an overdrive for better fuel economy when cruising & a higher top speed too. Our cars 5th. gear is only a 1.1 ratio, so the 6th gear will prob be like a .83 or something I would imagine.....

Yeah, I figured that was the case. The 5th gear climb is pretty good the 330. So only perk to the 6 speed is better gas milage at high speeds. Unless you put 4.11:1 in the car to take advange of those gears. :D

·
E46Fanatic
3,060 Posts
i would probably never use 6th gear. i usually cruise in 4th on the parkway unless i'm going over 70 or have the music loud. i just love listening to the sound of this motor.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts