E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my set up.
2001 330i with sport package
eibach pro-kit
19inch M3 replica wheels
235/35-19 nitto 555's

Now here is where things get tricky. I have a constant pull to the right and had the car aligned. I had taken for granted that the place I had taken it to did a good job. Looking at the numbers now I am not so sure. It looks to me like the left side is making the car pull.I am not expert at this but should I look into a camber kit to get this worked out?

Front Camber Left Right
1.42 1.16 -1.1 -0.4 is okay
Back Camber 1.76 1.35 -2.3 -1.8 is okay

Front Toe Left Right
0.06 0.08 0.6 2.3 is okay
Back Toe 0.18 0.09 1.1 2.3 is okay

Thrust angle is set at 0.05 should be at 0.0 ?

Front Castor Left Right
5.05 5.10 5.1 6.1 is okay

Somebody help me out here!
Thanks

Superdad

:thumbup:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Just a thought but most roads crown to the right and with such a large and wide tire, it is much more likely to pull . . . this is known as tramlining (though you might know this already)

I know my car pulls like crazy when I took off my winter wheels which had 205/50/17 tires and replaced them with my stock sport wheels which are wider and have summer tires . . .

One thing I noticed about having a car with wider tires, if you concentrate on the feel of the alignemnt, you will always notice a pull, if you ease your mind and stop looking for it, you might find you get used to it and you won't even notice it.

Anyway, I hope it gives you some peace of mind !!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well it turns out that the hydrolic steering column went to poop and they have to order me a new one.The right side isnt working properly so that is why its pulling so bad.all under warranty !:thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts