BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got it done today........I'm rubbing in the back. It appears that it's rubbing on a black molding that's inside the rear bumper. They were gonna sand it down today:

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
From purely an alignment standpoint -
* it would be nice to see the rear toe and camber a little bit more even side to side
* you've got more rear camber than you probably really need from a tire standpoint. If you're doing to gain some room for oversized wheels, that's a different issue of course
* For the amount of front camber you've got, I'd think you'd want to descrease the front toe and gain back some turn-in response.

·
Registered
5,018 Posts
4 minutes differance in the rear toe from side to side is to much for me. Machins show in the green and most Monkeys say its green its good I WISH they would take the gree and red out of the machines and make Techs learn what values mean, being evan is more important than being red for a nuetral handling car.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
4 minutes differance in the rear toe from side to side is to much for me. Machins show in the green and most Monkeys say its green its good I WISH they would take the gree and red out of the machines and make Techs learn what values mean, being evan is more important than being red for a nuetral handling car.
Wow! That's great that you guys saw that from the read out because another shop actaully eye balled the alignment and said that the toe is off in the rear. I'm going to another shop. This first one was a waste it seems. Plus, I might lower the front end some more. I might need camber plates, I'm thinking? I just don't want to eat up tires.

THANKS GUYS!

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
If you are rubbing the rear bumper, you have bigger problems than alignment!
How low are you and what tires and wheels are on that thing.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you are rubbing the rear bumper, you have bigger problems than alignment!
How low are you and what tires and wheels are on that thing.
Hello - I'm running a 19 X 9.5 +45 offset with a 265/30/19. It slightly rubs on a black bracket that seems
to hold-up the corner of the rear bumper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts