BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 284 Posts

·
Registered
15,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been a LONG time coming, but it's finally time to do it.

First, I invested in the full leatherique treatment for my gray front seats... I'm sick of seeing them in my tan interior, aesthetically it's pretty whack. They've been in the car all summer like that.

Second, I've been eyeing a black carpet in a junkyard e46 sedan since early spring... got the leatherique in the mail yesterday, so yesterday it was time to go get the carpet too. My god it was filthy, covered in leaves, fluids, soaked in old water, etc, but I stopped at the dealership on the way home and pressure washed the f0ck out of them. My car got really really really wet and dirty inside but it's okay...

(I cut the front into 2 pieces for ease of install/removal/transportation in my back seat)

Here's the interior currently:

The car:

Updates to come later this evening, will start tearing into the car in a couple hours here.

·
Registered
23,362 Posts
This is overdue. Glad you are finally taking care of it, because right now its hella fail!

In for the results!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Subscribed! ;)

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
subscribed...

did I read that right - you took a pressure washer to the interior of your ride? :confused:

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
take ur time (extra time) than recommended because it will be the direct cause of how long it will last. this kit works very well and matches perfect but it will flake if not done properly

·
Registered
29,086 Posts
Wow so excited to watch this progression :bow:

Alec, your car is incredibly sexy man and this new interior overhaul will just make it all the better :thumbup:

·
Registered
15,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
subscribed...

did I read that right - you took a pressure washer to the interior of your ride? :confused:
No, I grabbed this carpet out of a junkyard car, transported it in the trunk/back seat of my car, and pressure washed it in the car wash bay at the dealership.

1 - 20 of 284 Posts