BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
(alcantra) is being droped,( not going to make it no more)the sales man came in today and said that the mill is droping it and there going to repace it. he didn't know with what just yet

alcantra
is the fabric that everyone wants to use to do there seats and boot

·
Super Nintendo Chalmers
2,055 Posts
I think he's trying to say that the new models (maybe on the 330i performance package?) won't have alcantera anymore? :dunno:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
like i said ( the mill )is not going to make it

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it won't be alcantra but something just like it or better

·
May the farts be with you, always
6,727 Posts
i like leather anywayz screw alcantra( on the coming up cars)
not urs if u have one. and screw the mill..bunch of martha fockers!!

·
Registered
396 Posts
hahaha, this thread is funny. i think you need to provide more info for those of us living in the US (not wonderland) and have no idea what in the hell you're talking about. what the hell is THE MILL? is that a factory? what factory? the only factory that makes alcantara? who's dropping what? BMW? what kinda crap are you on? and can i have some because it seems to be pretty good. :dunno: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yes ( mill is as you call the factory) is no longer makeing "alcantra"
it was made in Italy and alcantra was as we here in the states call ultra suede----------- alcantra was their brand name

·
Registered
12 Posts
where exactly did you get this information? I was getting ready to order a 330i with performance package and I wanted that alcantra so please let me/us know.

Thanks!
-Peter

·
Yes...I do think I hate you
1,749 Posts
karllf said:
yes ( mill is as you call the factory) is no longer makeing "alcantra"
it was made in Italy and alcantra was as we here in the states call ultra suede----------- alcantra was their brand name
This is interesting, because i've been looking all over for the manufacturer of 'Alcantra'

'Alcantara' is the Italian company's trademark/copyright, not 'Alcantra'. A lot of people make this stuff, so whoever makes Alcantra (the name of the material they use in the audi and many other cars) may be the one going out of business. Alcantara's maker is an industry partner with BMW last I looked at their website.

here is their site. Now I have no knowledge if Alcantara isn't going to be made anymore, but this may clear things up a little. Then again...it may be the same company and the same product, but the media and the consumers can't decide what to call it. :lmao:
:dunno:
http://www.alcantara.it/english/index_f.htm

1 - 20 of 26 Posts