BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
needs a new sig...
4,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you all rank on Alken for his "Purple Suede" trim but i saw his trim in person and i fell in love. Suffice to say after little convincing i was able to convince alken to wrap my ugly wood trim in black alcantara..here is the result..i am going to install with pics over thanksgiving..all i have to say is :bow::bow::bow: to ALKEN

PICS ARE BIG TO SHOW TEXTURE!

·
'a certain moderator'
37,714 Posts
that looks really good! me next ken, can i get a silver that doesnt come out purple? thx :D

seriosuly tho, whats the aprox. cost of doing all of the coupe trim in a silver alcantera? thx buddy.

·
Rolling on Dubs. Got Boost?
4,542 Posts
Looks great bro.... Alken did a good looking job on it.:thumbup:

·
Registered
125 Posts
WOW GARRET MAN THAT IS THE ILLIST interior ever! I can't wait to see it in person!

·
Loves Big League Chew...
379 Posts
def looks sweet. He lives in the town next to me so maybe I should get him to do me some :D

·
1.888.JLEVISW
14,704 Posts
Ok. I'm on the verge of writing to alken... but I'm sure he'll read this:
There comes a time in every man's life when he discovers what we call a "sick ass mod." During that time, that man is obligated to make what we call "DIY instuctrions."

I"m SO doing this... I wanna do it with some NICE black leather... if that doesn't work I'll use black suede. Write up a DIY bro!

JL

·
Registered
403 Posts
alken you think you could do my nasty wood in blue alcantera? i live in nj. i was at the cars n cigars with you.

·
Is NOT A Mechanic
5,733 Posts
I'm waiting for pics of these pieces installed, Garrett! I was gonna call you, but I didn't want to interupt the holiday.

Oh, and I drove through SI to get to my fiance's family in LI - those roads really suck, bro! You have 19's? Good luck!

jlevi did write to me about a diy - I did one when I first installed my own trim. Here's the link: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=87957&highlight=ultrasuede+trim+diy*

It is not for the faint of heart, but it's not too terrible either. The number of requests for my assistance with these projects lead to the website and business. If you click on my signature, you'll see my website with pricing and contact info.

Basic, pricing for a coupe's trim, 3 dash pieces and 4 door armrests, the total is about $400 plus shipping. For a sedan, 3 dash pieces and 4 door pieces, the total is about $320. These totals include labor and material. The small piece that surrounds the shifter and window switches is optional, and an additional $40 labor. You need to supply the trim, however. Shipping is obviously extra.

I am not out to get rich off of fellow fanatics - this work is something I enjoy, and I do it on the side. If you want to try the diy, read it carefully, and feel free to email or pm me with questions. I've changed my process a little, but it's basically the same. The diy was on relatively flat pieces, like dash and door. The coupe armrests are a BIATCH, hence the slightly higher price.

If you would like to talk to me about having this work done, please check out my website www.alkendesign.netfirms.com , pm or email me at [email protected]. This is my home email, which I only check in the evening.

One final note - What I did when I wrapped my trim was to buy an extra set so I didn't drive a stripped car for a couple weeks. Garrett did the same. If more than one of you are serious about doing this work, I will try to put you together so that you can possibly share extra trim - as one set is wrapped, another is installed, and the stock trim gets put into rotation for the next customer. It'll be like 'renting' an extra set for a while.

Thanks for the compliments, and I hope I can help you guys!

Ken

1 - 13 of 13 Posts