·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do they exist ? :eeps:

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
My friend is considering to custom order alcantara steering wheel from www.aglausa.com for his VW Gti. So it exists but I don't think it's going to be cheap. He was quoted about $450 for the labor only. The alcantara itself must cost more....

·
Registered
393 Posts
Alacantara is a man made suede and is very durable and resistant to staining and wear. Since you can buy the material for approximately $65/yard x 54 " wide, it isn't the material that is going to make the wheel expensive.

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
beauport said:
Alacantara is a man made suede and is very durable and resistant to staining and wear. Since you can buy the material for approximately $65/yard x 54 " wide, it isn't the material that is going to make the wheel expensive.
where can i purchase the alcantara.. i'll do it myself :eeps:

·
...and I'd be all shiny..
1,835 Posts
Doesnt BMW make a M3 steering wheel that is covered with alcantara? What is the M3 CSL steering wheel covered in? I thought it was alcantara but could be mistaken. :dunno:

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GhostRider said:
Doesnt BMW make a M3 steering wheel that is covered with alcantara? What is the M3 CSL steering wheel covered in? I thought it was alcantara but could be mistaken. :dunno:
yeah.. and i think its over a grand or so.. :yikes:

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
beauport said:
For some production steering wheels of Alacantara Look Here
For some Alcantara material Try This or Here

thanks but they dont have any in stock and wont sell individual sheets.. :bawling:

·
Registered
393 Posts
ac325ci said:

thanks but they dont have any in stock and wont sell individual sheets.. :bawling:
Those are only two of many people who sell Alcantara, i.e., man made suede. You can find the same or equivalent at any quality fabric store. Ultrasuede in the same stuff as Alacantara without the brandname. If you want it by brand name there are others retailers who carry it. google.com will help you out.

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
beauport said:

Those are only two of many people who sell Alcantara, i.e., man made suede. You can find the same or equivalent at any quality fabric store. Ultrasuede in the same stuff as Alacantara without the brandname. If you want it by brand name there are others retailers who carry it. google.com will help you out.

great info.. thanks a lot :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I've been searching for years on nice steering wheel cover, but no luck, of course. Anyone knows a shop that does it in Los Angeles area, please be advised? TIA.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts