BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Debating between which interior to get. How does the interior wear with the Alcantara interior and also how does it look. I've seen it the last time I was at the dealer but that was a few weeks ago. Does the Alcantara look like regular cloth interior. The only thing I'm afraid of is the durability of it.

For those who have the Alcantara interior, how is it?

Thanks for the replies........ :thumbup:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have parts Alcantara (M sports package seats). I guess it is the most durable and easiest to maintain material for seats. So don't worry about that. Leather is wearing out faster, but still I think I would get leather if I could (looks and feels better)

·
alfisti & bimmer fan
2,096 Posts
As far i know the alcantara is less durable than the leather... just do a :search: about the Alcantara Stearing wheel wear problem...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Cuore_alfa said:
As far i know the alcantara is less durable than the leather... just do a :search: about the Alcantara Stearing wheel wear problem...
Right, but he is talking about the seats and there I have heard of different reports... my alcantara seats look like new, many people complain about the leather quality though

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have Alcantra interior in my ZHP but only for barely a month. Love the feel of the wheel, seats look a bit cheapish. I didnt see Alcantra untill I got the car (car was located in my area with my minimum requirements). One thing to say, I was a bit dissapointed when I saw the car, but so far could not say a single negative thing of it except of cheepish look. I love how the seats hold you in turns, no feeling of sliding or anything. Almost feels like you have velcroed to the seats. So far no issues with cleaning.
If you like how Alcantra looks, go for it.

·
Registered
580 Posts
For ease of maintenance and durability leather or vinyl is best-leather definitely more luxurious but takes a little more care. Least durable and hardest to keep usoiled would
be Alcantara (synthetic suede) although it's the best for
hand and seat-of-the-pants grip-looks really good but for how long? not for very long by all reports.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I am leaning towards the leather. I also like the smell of leather interior. I feel that it does look more luxurious. Thanks for the feedback.......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts