BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read that the alarm kit for E46 is only for coupes and sedans. Can I use the alarm kit on convertibles? If not, what can I do to secure the car?

·
Registered
589 Posts
They make an alarm kit for convertables---I believe it's the same thing except it doesn't have the motion sensor (and it's less expensive).

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The BMW Remote Keyless Entry Security and Alarm System helps protect against theft, vandalism and personal threat. With just one touch of a button, the System locks your BMW¡¦s doors, trunk, hood and fuel filler door. Two touches, and the remote double-locks the doors while a sensor detects any tampering with glass. A flashing red LED warns that the vehicle is protected. If the car is violated, a high-powered siren sounds. Factory pre-wiring ensures proper installation and reliable operation. Includes two remote controls. This convenient system includes: • BMW Remote Keyless Entry Security and Alarm System sensor • High-powered siren • Ultrasonic interior motion detector (except E46 convertible) • Glass breakage detector (except E46 3 Series convertible) • Trunk and hood protection • Tilt detector to prevent unauthorized towing • Flashing ¡§armed¡¨ status LED • Door lock/double lock (¡§arm¡¨) and unlock (¡§disarm¡¨) • Factory-installed wiring harness for plug-in connection

All E46 3 Series include Remote Keyless Entry as standard. Alarm Kit is sold separately.

65 73 9 416 520
E46 3 Series Alarm Kit
E46 3 Series 2-dr, 4-dr, sport wagon

65 60 0 027 381
BMW Remote Keyless Entry Security
E46 3 Series conv

So the second one is the alarm for convt?

·
Registered
528 Posts
There's also the euro convertible alarm, I think there's still a group buy going on over at bimmerfest. It's more expensive but has the motion sensors that the US convertible alarm kit lacks.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alarm

so the second one is the US convertible alarm rite?
How much is the euro one?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts