E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i apologize in advanced if this is a question that has been asked already i may have over looked it in hours past researching how i can improve my light set up...

where can i buy AL projectors!? i have a 2001 330ci in serious need of an update, i already have projectors in my xenon healights all im looking for is to replace the projectors so i can have a nice crisp clean output again like i know it should be doing. so if anyone can help direct me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated. Im looking for less cut and mod and more of a plug and play type of upgrade.

also i noticed a lot of owners are buying and replacing their oem projectors with the FXr3.0 projectors some talking about bi xenon..i was under the impression that BMWs dont use bi xenon? the have seperate housing for xenon and high beam.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
i apologize in advanced if this is a question that has been asked already i may have over looked it in hours past researching how i can improve my light set up...

where can i buy AL projectors!? i have a 2001 330ci in serious need of an update, i already have projectors in my xenon healights all im looking for is to replace the projectors so i can have a nice crisp clean output again like i know it should be doing. so if anyone can help direct me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated. Im looking for less cut and mod and more of a plug and play type of upgrade.

also i noticed a lot of owners are buying and replacing their oem projectors with the FXr3.0 projectors some talking about bi xenon..i was under the impression that BMWs dont use bi xenon? the have seperate housing for xenon and high beam.
1999-2001 - xenon
2002-2006 - bi-xenon

Your car is a year early for bi-xenons.

I've had AL xenons, ZKW xenons, and FX-R 3.0 - not much contest, the FX-R is noticeably better that the OEM projectors, especially the ZKW rubbish.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1999-2001 - xenon
2002-2006 - bi-xenon

Your car is a year early for bi-xenons.

I've had AL xenons, ZKW xenons, and FX-R 3.0 - not much contest, the FX-R is noticeably better that the OEM projectors, especially the ZKW rubbish.
thanks for the clarification, i know the FX-R 3.0 simply out does the OEM stuff by far but id like to do less cutting and modification to my only oem xenon headlights do you know where i could buy AL projectors?

·
Registered
1,989 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought some cheap Chinese knockoffs a while ago. Cutoff was way sharper than OEM. Light output was comparable to ZKWs. I'll see if I can dig up the old thread and post the link where I bought them from.

EDIT: Found it.

http://www.auto-electronic.net/hidprojector.htm

Direct link to E46 projectors: http://www.auto-electronic.net/Bosch-SingleProjector.htm

dang good looking out! how are they holding up for you? any issues with them at all? how was the material compared to the oem stuff? do you know what type of lense it uses? how much did you pay for them?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts