E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
My passenger airbag appointment is on the 21st with Hendrick BMW. I am curious what recommendations they suggest on mine.
I had mine done there, I'll check my receipt. They certainly didn't put it on a lift, and rightly so, as I have an oil pan gasket leak on both my E46 and E70.
A tech did ask me if the car was for sale.

They will jump all over your near perfect Alpine White masterpiece, that car is mint.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2002 330 Ci
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I had mine done there, I'll check my receipt. They certainly didn't put it on a lift, and rightly so, as I have an oil pan gasket leak on both my E46 and E70.
A tech did ask me if the car was for sale.

They will jump all over your near perfect Alpine White masterpiece, that car is mint.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Oh cool. Spannerhead is from around our parts too.

We should get our e46s together and terrorize the youngsters downtown.

·
Registered
'02 330i 5-Speed
5,766 Posts
If they come at me with a list, I am going to play stupid and ask if they can put it up and show me the work they plan on doing. Lol, that is going to be a moment...
Lovely. That's "SLO Town clean."

I have such a hard time letting a shop work on my car that I would have a hard time even trusting them to position the lift pads correctly. Probably why I've putting off taking my car to a muffler shop to have them remove and replace the exhaust bolts for so long...

·
//Binary is in my DNA
2002 BMW 325i
4,312 Posts

I have such a hard time letting a shop work on my car that I would have a hard time even trusting them to position the lift pads correctly. Probably why I've putting off taking my car to a muffler shop to have them remove and replace the exhaust bolts for so long...
I hear ya @Spannerhead, I had 4 new tires mounted and balanced yesterday and I watched them like a hawk though the window.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts

I'm right there with you. I just drove 60 miles round trip to drop off my rims with worn tires on them and new continental extreme contact tires to a trusteed family friend mechanic. He charges me $5 a tire and takes major pride in his work. He's been a mechanic for 43 years. Well worth the drive!!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
6,176 Posts
It's threads like this that make for a lovely start to my day.:poop:

·
//Binary is in my DNA
2002 BMW 325i
4,312 Posts
No offense Don,
I would let you at my car anytime. My tire shop is NTB. I have had less than positive results in the past. The last set 30,000 miles ago, the "technician" delivered the car back to me with the staggered set with the 245 in the front and 225 in the rear. I mean come on...

·
Registered
'02 330i 5-Speed
5,766 Posts
You're the exception, Don. You know better than anyone how many techs are...

FWIW, my local tire/alignment shop (a national chain) is really good. They use my alignment specs every time I bring it in, no questions asked, and treat the car well.

·
Registered
2001 330i (pre-facelift)
434 Posts
The vert had an airbag recall that wasn't addressed. Took it in today to the local dealer for them to replace.

They also recommend I do an oil change, coolant flush, power steering flush, alignment, belts....etc.
Those things are easy money. So yeah...

·
Registered
2002 330 Ci
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
We all know it's guys like you that nickle and dime us. Hell, you Jersey bmw service places literally take the nickles and dimes right out of the ash tray.... I'm just poking fun. :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
The vert had an airbag recall that wasn't addressed. Took it in today to the local dealer for them to replace.

They also recommend I do an oil change, coolant flush, power steering flush, alignment, belts....etc.

Yeah, no. It's all been done. Geeze.....
View attachment 929621
On mine, they sent me a video of their inspections and found all my leaks. They were rather thorough and pointed out a couple things I hadn't seen.

I said 'thank you very much' and took it home and fixed the stuff that I cared about myself.

Reactions: brewerkz

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I will say when I was there to get my passenger side bag done last year - the dealer did not note anythign but did wash the car even though it was raining. I think that dealership would rather deal with the newer cars and not work on the older ones.

·
Registered
2003 325i (M54B30 swap)
721 Posts
^ it’s funny to think. At 26 now, I can remember my best friends older brother had a 328i when we were kids. It was the “cool car”, bc our parents all had either pickups or super practical sedans. Owning one now is definitely weird to think that I own a car that I have nostalgia for.

Reactions: The_Fixer

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Took the 325 in for the final Takata recall work. BMW SF broke one of the window regulators and suggested that I get the timing belt replaced. For whatever reason they never bothered to send me a customer survey.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts