BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread is for posting if you have a BMW-specific Airbag Scanner and Reset Tool to lend (or sell). Post which year and model cars it is designed for, and where you live. OK to charge around $5-$10/day 'rent' to help pay for the very rarely-used tool, which will help lender's cost recovery.

Great way to meet and help your BMW-Fanatic friends.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
7-14-12: Looking to borrow an Airbag reset tool in the W. San Jose, CA area. For 2004 BMW 325Xi gray 4wd wagon my friend is trying to sell. He bought it last year from a friend, but is now moving.
We want to know that everything is working correctly and get the airbag light to go out. Don't know if an airbag ever went off or if it is from the work that was done to the car without disconnecting the battery that is triggering the light. My generic scanner shows no OBD-II codes popping up.

Also let me know if you are looking to buy a BMW wagon in NorCal for around $5k & I'll fwd your name! KBB is a little over $7k. The car has high mileage (230k) from coast-to-coast commutes to college (NH-CA), but over $4k recently put into it: drivetrain, tune-up, brakes, tires, etc. Faults: A couple small dents in the doors and the leather upholstry looks a little faded, plus the airbag light is on (hence this posting), but otherwise it seems OK. Drives well. Great ski or adventure car for a BMW enthusiast who wants to keep his 'street' car like new.

-Sue

1 - 2 of 2 Posts