BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My airbag light randomly came on one day when i started my car up. I have no idea why, and it still hasn't shut off.

this ever happen to anyone else??? any ideas?? maybe a fuse?

·
Registered
333 Posts
My airbag light randomly came on one day when i started my car up. I have no idea why, and it still hasn't shut off.

this ever happen to anyone else??? any ideas?? maybe a fuse?
Happened to me. Not an easy fix. I think I have to replace my seatbelt tensioner. If you take it to the dealer they can clear it but it might come back on depending on what the problem is. I dont think the light is a big deal. My tensioner still works and I have been driving like this for a few months now.

·
Is NOT A Mechanic
5,878 Posts
The only way to diagnose the airbag fault is to read the codes. Guessing will only lead to wasted time and money. You can pay a shop to do this, purchase, or borrow a Peake Research SRS scan tool.

We carry these tools at manufacturer's minimum pricing, and offer free domestic shipping.

Once you have the fault, you can properly determine the course of action to repair the problem. The tool will allow you to reset the light, but if the problem has not been corrected, it will illuminate again.

See our full selection of Peake scan tools at www.bmwscantools.com

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me directly - [email protected].

Ken

·
Registered
339 Posts
try unhooking the battery for a few mins. use to work in my previous bmw

1 - 5 of 5 Posts