E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the elbow peice in the factory intake called that comes from the grill flange into the filter holder, its a sorta triangle opening in both and mine has a gap there, theres gotta be an elbow to connect em. I can't find it in any searches here or anywhere else on the internet... I fel like if I fill the gaps in my intake I will notice a little power gain and be less annoyed tha ta random part from my car is missing...

please reply with any names or urls that may show where I can buy it or at least a pic of it and the name like an exploded diagram or something

thnx

for a 2002 330ci

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
omg shanneba ur the best...is a good assumtion that I will gain HP or is it not worth it?, which is really sorta a wasted question cuz its only 14 bucks anyway

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey shanneba is there any intake super inhaler type thing that can be inserted in front of #13...ive seen it on a car before but he drove off too fast before i could ask him the name, where and how much...

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
You're gonna wanna get the air tube. Its what gets the air from outside the car into the air box, without it your motor is sucking in hot air from under the hood instead of cool air from outside.

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,984 Posts
hey shanneba is there any intake super inhaler type thing that can be inserted in front of #13...ive seen it on a car before but he drove off too fast before i could ask him the name, where and how much...
Guys put a lot of silly things on their cars. The super inhaler type thing fits perfectly into that category. The engine creates a strong suction and pulls in the air it needs, and it can draw plenty through the shroud, as long as the air filter isn't clogged.

The guys think that putting on the super inhaler, acts like a super charger or something. It's an engineered package. Please trust the bmw engineers more than some guy that drove off too fast with inhaling device, and don't trust everything you read here either (even from yours truly...I forget, I misread, and sometimes I randomly guess!).

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow thnx for that contradicting useless answer...lol if u like but don't take my sarcasm to heart

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Bimmer App

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,984 Posts
Wow thnx for that contradicting useless answer...lol if u like but don't take my sarcasm to heart

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Bimmer App
Probably poor punctuation on my part.

It's a deflector that I think you're talking about...it blocks off the radiator and diverts air into the bottom of the shroud. I think it's crazy to even think of it.

I think the original shroud work fine. Only thing that I think might give you a gain without other issues is the bmw perf. intake, but mostly I think you're gaining sound...maybe a few hp.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Funny though, my car needs part 11 also, ha ha ha

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Yep, That's why I posted it. I need that part (no matter how old the thread is). I wish one could host buy the foam part.

iPhone and BimmerApp

1 - 17 of 17 Posts