BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to move my AC controls to the bottom where the storage door is. Does anyone know a DIY for this? Or can walk me thru the process? Do you have to have some kit? Or will it just slide right in?

-b

·
Registered
395 Posts
phat330ci said:
I am trying to move my AC controls to the bottom where the storage door is. Does anyone know a DIY for this? Or can walk me thru the process? Do you have to have some kit? Or will it just slide right in?

-b
i think u have to get the a/c control panels that are used for cars w/ navigation:dunno: to make the drop

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: Air conditioner relocating

MarketWizard said:

i think u have to get the a/c control panels that are used for cars w/ navigation:dunno: to make the drop
They are the same. with or with out navigation.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So no one has relocated your air unit??? I see so many photos of relocated units?

·
Registered
940 Posts
what market is trying to say is bmw sells a panel for doing what you want to do. The cars that come stock with nav have their controls below, and there is a special panel made to do this. I believe it costs about 45 dollars.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dan4081 said:
what market is trying to say is bmw sells a panel for doing what you want to do. The cars that come stock with nav have their controls below, and there is a special panel made to do this. I believe it costs about 45 dollars.
I went to BMW yesterday and the parts guy who made sure and let me know he has been working there for 12 years, did not know of any thing like that.

So if anyone has the part, or might have the part #, please let me know.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
there's no bracket that you need, you just take the ac controlls out, run the wires down to were the storage box it, plug them up, and screw in! it should be really easy!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
vehement said:
there's no bracket that you need, you just take the ac controlls out, run the wires down to were the storage box it, plug them up, and screw in! it should be really easy!
Good to hear! I will try this tonight. - Thanks!!

·
Registered
237 Posts
vehement said:
theres definitely a part you need to relocate the a/c controls. its called a carrier. theres a few p/n for the carriers depending on which options you have. i dont have the part #s off hand. its really hard to explain. but the part no. i have is 51 16 7 001 408 ( i have heated seats and dsc..no hk).

·
Banned
2,199 Posts
phat330ci said:

I went to BMW yesterday and the parts guy who made sure and let me know he has been working there for 12 years, did not know of any thing like that.

So if anyone has the part, or might have the part #, please let me know.
Parts guys don't know jack **** no matter how long they've been working there. You need a new console. Cars w/ OEM NAV have a different console so the AC unit can plug right in. IM me if you want the part number.

·
Banned
2,199 Posts
vehement said:

That's not correct... you DO need a new carrier. I'm speaking from experience.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Could you post the part #-i'm sure a lot of people here would like it. Also, there is a panel that replaces the pocket and ashtray below it that is for a nav system. Anybody have a part number or information on this? Thanks

·
hammer talks like this
4,292 Posts
need a carrier to drop the ac down. reason why is the corners wont match up. took me 3 months and 3 carriers to find the carrier.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dan4081 said:
Could you post the part #-i'm sure a lot of people here would like it. Also, there is a panel that replaces the pocket and ashtray below it that is for a nav system. Anybody have a part number or information on this? Thanks
If you have a 330ci and the car did not come with navigation and you have the Business CD radio with the HK upgrade this is the part #.

51 16 7 001 408 - BMW Part Number

·
Registered
11 Posts
phat330ci said:
If you have a 330ci and the car did not come with navigation and you have the Business CD radio with the HK upgrade this is the part #.

51 16 7 001 408 - BMW Part Number
Aside from the part number, does anyone know how to take the AC controls out? I pulled the trim off the dashboard, then the radio, by removing some screws. From there, I can see the top of the AC controls through the vacancy of the stereo, but there are no screws I can remove. Does it snap out or are there more screws some place that I cannot see?

Thanks,

Yabu

1 - 17 of 17 Posts