E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been trying to fix this for a while. Issue is the air con will stop working every now and again. Sometimes it will work fine and blow ice cold from all vents, but if you stop the car then start it again straight away, it might just blow hot air with no AC effect (even with AC light on), or it might continue to work fine. Have replaced the FSR (OEM), cabin climate control (OEM), exterior temp sensor (OEM) with no effect. It seems to happen when it gets really hot outside. I can verify that both fans are working in the engine bay (main and aux) and come on when AC is activated.

Where could I go from here?
Thanks in advance :)

·
Premium Member
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
11,387 Posts
With a higher level of scan tool, you can see A/C system pressure and a lot of other parameters. Such as INPA.

Point being could be a intermittent bad sensor causing a drop out. Hard to determine via mechanical means and/or parts swapping.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Have been trying to fix this for a while. Issue is the air con will stop working every now and again. Sometimes it will work fine and blow ice cold from all vents, but if you stop the car then start it again straight away, it might just blow hot air with no AC effect (even with AC light on), or it might continue to work fine. Have replaced the FSR (OEM), cabin climate control (OEM), exterior temp sensor (OEM) with no effect. It seems to happen when it gets really hot outside. I can verify that both fans are working in the engine bay (main and aux) and come on when AC is activated.

Where could I go from here?
Thanks in advance :)
so I'll ask the obvious... is the compressor solenoid engaging even when there is no cool air?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts