BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
E46 325i 2002 Coupe

just bought the above car with a possible airbag fault as the light stays on!
had fault read, and ive been given 2 faults

1) passanger seat belt tention ignition resistance too high

2) Off Side, Side air bag ignition resistance too high

tried erasing the faults but only the fault 2) will erase and the 1st stays so the light is still on. i guess this is because the fault is still there, but has anybody ever experienced this, or has any idea of the cause? I suspect wiring, but unsure and don't want to be throwing money at guesses!

thanks in advance

·
Registered
312 Posts
I suggest searching the forum for "airbag light". This is an insanely common problem with a BMW-issued fix available that involves routing around the wiring harness under the seat.

Neil

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I suggest searching the forum for "airbag light". This is an insanely common problem with a BMW-issued fix available that involves routing around the wiring harness under the seat.

Neil
ive searched the forum as suggsted but alls i find is people have simalar faults but no such fixes!

·
Premium Member
3,562 Posts
Here's a crazy thought, why don't you inspect the wires under the passenger seat to belt tensioner and if everything looks good then replace the belt pyrotechnic tensioner. It is not advisable to measure the ignitor resistance with a meter and the Bentley manual specifically says to "Never treat pyrotechnic components with cleaning agents or grease." I assume that includes contact cleaners and electrical contact enhancers. Also BMW recommends that all repair or replacement work on pyrotechnic devices be carried out by a qualified BMW technician.

·
Registered
177 Posts
*Sorry Matty you've been hacked*

So I unplugged my passenger seat to clean and now the red passenger light is on and won't come off even after plugging it in. Now i talked to classic bmw and they were saying they have to re-flash or something and it would be $50 then i went to autoscope and they'd charge me $60.

Do I have anymore options?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts