BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This information is just an FYI and you guys can decide how you deal with any purchases in the future in regards to this product.

I received an AGT Diffuser and Side Skirts Full Carbon Setup in Fall 2014. Shipping was prompt and delivery secure. (Payment August-14, Received September-14, Failed Install October-14) Upon install it was found that the full carbon diffuser alignment was off. It was recommended:

"Now our suggestion is to drill bigger holes at the point that we circled it at the below photo and screw it together, it will align perfect, also if you damage it where the holes are, that is almost impossible and you can't correct the wrong align we can accept the return don't worry about it!"

At this point in time the AGT diffuser was already removed after several hours of failed reputable performance shop installation and a full Varis Rear Diffuser installed that was superior in product quality and install. When I mention superior I mean less cost; and at least double in quality and about half the time for installation as it was all in one piece with very little required for install.

Fast forward to early 2015 as I returned the product late as it was forgotten over Christmas.

AGT reluctantly accepted the return of the failed product. During return shipping it was found to be damaged in several places with return resulting in damages amounting over 400Euro. In the end including shipping both directions a total loss of over 530Euro (+Failed Install Hours and return shipping) was dealt with on my end. Pictures of the damages were provided with blame being directed towards the shop nonchalantly which IMO was unprofessional in the first place for a product undelivered to the standard advertised. Regardless I received a less than adequate refund imo and dealt with the losses.

Again this is just an FYI; I barely ever post stuff and I hate negative info but I felt that this information was key to other M3 owners. AGT was easy to deal with over email and regardless of my late return still dealt with it amicably; however the info is still here for your knowledge. Based on other product installs and pictures it would seem I was unlucky. Secondly for anyone ever considering between the AGT and Varis Diffuser...the Varis blows the AGT away no question's asked.

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You didn't pay for shipping insurance?
AGT claims it wasn't damaged during shipping and blames the shop/method of packaging. Regardless the main issue is the advertised product quality not being up to par. It could be a one off issue and hopefully it isn't.

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,382 Posts
:pics:

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
AGT Diffuser Angle 1:

AGT Diffuser Angle 2:

VARIS Diffuser Installed:

VARIS Wheel Well

The AGT comes with a bunch of installation including a tonne of screws. The varis has two pieces to it but the main VARIS diffuser piece is equivalent to the entire AGT diffuser piece...the second piece from Varis extends a bit farther under the car but needs some modification to work on my car with the 4" exhaust. The AGT also doesn't have the wheel wheel coverings that I quite like a lot on the VARIS.

·
When Keepin' it real goes..
6,608 Posts
That varis is such a sexy piece...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts