BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 ZHP 330i and was wondering if there are any aftermarket brands that sell stock size calipers? I want yellow calipers but dont really want to paint them. This is strictly for cosmetic reasons so please dont flame :evil: on me. Thanks in advance guys.

·
The Brake Newbie!
1,141 Posts
I have a 2004 ZHP 330i and was wondering if there are any aftermarket brands that sell stock size calipers? I want yellow calipers but dont really want to paint them. This is strictly for cosmetic reasons so please dont flame :evil: on me. Thanks in advance guys.
Are u looking for replacements or 4 piston caliper that uses stock rotors?

·
Registered
777 Posts
I think Bavarian Auto sells stock calipers either painted or powder coated in red. You could ask them if they're willing to do a set in yellow for you, but I'm sure they would charge extra if they did it. Or you could buy a set of new or remanned calipers and take it to your local powder coating shop. There's a place in San Juan Capistrano called Prime Fabrication that seems to do a good job powder coating auto parts but they aren't the cheapest. There is also somebody on bf.com in the California subforum who powder coats parts for a good price, but I think his shop is in Nor Cal.

·
Registered
8,012 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are u looking for replacements or 4 piston caliper that uses stock rotors?
If there are 4 piston calipers that I can use on stock rotors that would be ideal. Would that be overload on the rotors?

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yikes yellow calipers and no bbk
BBK is out of my price range right now. Car just hit 77k so I have more maintenance that I need to take care of.

I think Bavarian Auto sells stock calipers either painted or powder coated in red. You could ask them if they're willing to do a set in yellow for you, but I'm sure they would charge extra if they did it. Or you could buy a set of new or remanned calipers and take it to your local powder coating shop. There's a place in San Juan Capistrano called Prime Fabrication that seems to do a good job powder coating auto parts but they aren't the cheapest. There is also somebody on bf.com in the California subforum who powder coats parts for a good price, but I think his shop is in Nor Cal.
Thanks, i just realized how ugly the stock calipers are and painted stock calipers just accentuates how ugly they are LOL.

Here you go:

http://www.buybrakes.com/store/24X02344

You send RB your calipers, they not only will P/C them but offer rebuilding.

http://www.rbchroming.com/Powder_Coating.html
Thanks but now im looking to replace the whole caliper to something aftermarket but still using stock size rotors.

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts