E46 Fanatics Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I tried removing the H-VAC controls, but didnt get the center vent removed. That would have been something to try, but I was getting a but frustrated.

As it turns out, the OEM-2 wasn't needed anyhow.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
thanks for the informative posts brian im about to pick up an aftermarket head unit and thought i may have to rewire everything to bypass the factory amp(have had to do this in previous cars)

just saved me from a big headache

·
Registered
492 Posts
Thanks for reviving this older thread. I'm in the same dilemma. I just ordered a JVC KDA-815 CD Receiver for my 'new' '02 330Ci w/ HK. Crutchfield is saying I need the PAC SOEM-4 Universal Interface for the HK amp. Can I just skip that step (based on Brain's OP)?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am about to install a Pioneer DEH-P8400BH in my 2002 325i with HK. This thread is just what I was looking for. There are many threads with stock HU and aftermarket amps and speakers but not many with the reverse.

Hopefully the speaker outputs on this HU will work well with the HK amp and speakers.

Thanks a ton, OP.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am about to install a Pioneer DEH-P8400BH in my 2002 325i with HK. This thread is just what I was looking for. There are many threads with stock HU and aftermarket amps and speakers but not many with the reverse.

Hopefully the speaker outputs on this HU will work well with the HK amp and speakers.

Thanks a ton, OP.
Would appreciate seeing pictures of this unit and hearing about your experiences with this head unit. Why did you pick this over the 9400?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.