E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am thinking about getting a new head unit for my car, mines slowly dieing but am thinking it might look skittle outta place seeming the one I have is the OEM tape deck one.

Can you lot put up some pictures of what you lot have put in your cars?

Have heard they stick out a little bit too much but I dunno....

·
Registered
677 Posts
I have one and I must say I hate the way it looks. But to me it is worth if for the auxiliary in.

There are quite a few pics on google.

Personally I plan to move mine further back into the dash and hide it then fabricate a plate to cover it up so I don't have to see it all the time.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Those things cost like 1000 bucks. I am just going to build a mount for my Motorolla Xoom into my dash. It does everything better then that, bigger screen, and doesn't cost me any extra.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Are you meaning to mount it somewhere else, or replace your head unit and put it in the stock position? Cause with the physical size of the Xoom, you're gonna spend half that just hacking and modding it to fit your dash. Not to mention then integrating it into the audio system. Might be easier to do the XYboard 8.2, but still, you're gonna have to really blend whatever bezel you're working with to make it look half-way decent.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I am from New York City. I live in Estonia which is hardly the eastern bloc.

And it is only tacky when the tablet is not docked in it. When the tablet is in it it actually looks pretty damn good.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I am from New York City. I live in Estonia which is hardly the eastern bloc.

And it is only tacky when the tablet is not docked in it. When the tablet is in it it actually looks pretty damn good.
Can you see Russia from your house? :D

And to me, any sort of aftermarket dock looks tacky unless it looks OE.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I will never get these "It sucks unless it has a BMW logo on it." people but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

And yes Estonia was once part of the USSR, It now however is the fastest growing economy in Europe.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I will never get these "It sucks unless it has a BMW logo on it." people but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

And yes Estonia was once part of the USSR, It now however is the fastest growing economy in Europe.
I'm not saying it has to be OE, it just looks like it has to fit in the car for me to like it. i.e.: No giant silver plates taking up half the dash.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I am thinking a little bit simpler more along the lines of this:
QUOTE]

Looks like complete vomit mixed with french fries, pizza, noodles and chips

It is what it is dude.. with our cars it's the best that can be done if you don't want a double din.

I got the Dynavin, used it, and sold it quickly. One of the reasons was I simply didn't like the touch screen aspect of my stereo, and I didn't like having to relocate the hvac controls and losing the storage compartment underneath.

·
Registered
93 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Not able to post the picture I have at this time, check this thread to see what my setup looks like.

I dont' mind it, definitely worth having the AUX in and USB capabilities. As well as the preamp outs in the back.

I considered Dynavin, but sinking 900 dollars just didn't make much sense to me at the time.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.