E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car has new fuel pump. Original fuel pump was failing on initial engine starts. Installed an Aeromotive fuel pump and is currently overrunning OEM FPR. Converting stock system with AEM regulator and Holley inline fuel filter. Putting fuel system back to stock fuel pressure and will meet the needs of my supercharged engine. Will post pictures when my install is complete

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I guess this is not really a DIY but it is fairly simple. I removed the stock system and ran my own braided hosed lines. On this particular regulator I found out the hard way that the return line to the tank is on the bottom. The manufacturer ,AEM, calls it the output line. Well I got confused. I ended up using the silver flow nut that came with the regulator. It came with three black, silver, and gold. Gold is the biggest. It can be adjusted to over 100 psi. I kept it at 50-54 psi. I liked this regulator because it it regulates my aero motive pump. My stock one didn't. For the parts that are hard fuel lines I clamped a barbed -6an fitting using a rubber fuel hose. That allowed me to use my braided fuel lines. On one pic of my fuel rail you can see that set up. I ended up using a smaller length filter because any bigger than stock you couldn't put splash guard on. Car runs excellent. My fuel pressure is right on with stock specs.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts