BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much lower the car would drop? I just had the PSS9 coilovers installed today and I'm not too satisfy with the rear height, it seems a bit high to me. I know I could adjust the height but it's a PIA. Would the car go a bit lower after the springs and shocks settled? If so, about how much? Thanks.:dunno:

·
BMW Land Barge
1,376 Posts
Did you buy coilovers for performance or drop?
Max drop and max performance are NOT the same thing, so you sort of need to make you decision now.

That said, give things at least a couple hundred miles to settle in properly.

·
Registered
847 Posts
i heard there are some problems on the pss9s for 330s set oin the lowest setting.....is that true? how bout pss? same thing anybody know

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Good quality coilovers or springs should settle very little if at all after the first 100 miles or so.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:
Did you buy coilovers for performance or drop?
Max drop and max performance are NOT the same thing, so you sort of need to make you decision now.

That said, give things at least a couple hundred miles to settle in properly.
what would the drop be for max performance?

·
www.dpe-wheels.com
2,176 Posts
RandyL said:
How much lower the car would drop? I just had the PSS9 coilovers installed today and I'm not too satisfy with the rear height, it seems a bit high to me. I know I could adjust the height but it's a PIA. Would the car go a bit lower after the springs and shocks settled? If so, about how much? Thanks.:dunno:
randy, don't worry ... when you take it in to ef1 for alignment, fab charges i think $10 a corner to adjust the height. :thumbup:

just wait till it settles and decide then if you need to adjust the height then.

-jojo

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have the PSS9's installed on my car and I'm very pleased with the adjustments allowed. You can easily get the rear tires tucked into the fenders. I have my rear height about 1/4" away from max drop and the the tires are tucked in about a finger. Depending on where yours were set they will settle a bit but not a lot. If it is really too high for your taste then have them adjusted lower. Just remember they drop "a bit" more after they've settled. Btw, I'm very happy with the Bilsteins. I'm always adjusting them, but that's just me.....:D

·
Registered
644 Posts
You guys make everything too complicated, just buy some Quickrete and toss it in the trunk :)

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
MarxM3 said:
I have the PSS9's installed on my car and I'm very pleased with the adjustments allowed. You can easily get the rear tires tucked into the fenders. I have my rear height about 1/4" away from max drop and the the tires are tucked in about a finger. Depending on where yours were set they will settle a bit but not a lot. If it is really too high for your taste then have them adjusted lower. Just remember they drop "a bit" more after they've settled. Btw, I'm very happy with the Bilsteins. I'm always adjusting them, but that's just me.....:D
Thanks for the info, now I have one finger gap on the rears and I've set them to the lowest for the fronts. Maybe I'll drop it more on the rears. Will see how it goes after a week.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
GhostRider said:
Does the car feel alot different with the coilovers on it?
The car does feel a lot tighter after the coilovers installed. I tried a corner today (which I usually turn this corner at a high speed), and I was impressed that I could go about 5mph faster before the DSC kicks in!! Maybe that's why I got new tires too but I really love the PSS9. No harsh ride at all and the handling improves a lot.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: Re: After the coilovers settled...

E46 JAX said:

randy, don't worry ... when you take it in to ef1 for alignment, fab charges i think $10 a corner to adjust the height. :thumbup:

just wait till it settles and decide then if you need to adjust the height then.

-jojo
That's cool, yeah I'll be there on the 18th's early morning. Thanks!!:D

·
Fanatics vs. E46 DTM 4evar
5,882 Posts
RandyL said:
The car does feel a lot tighter after the coilovers installed. I tried a corner today (which I usually turn this corner at a high speed), and I was impressed that I could go about 5mph faster before the DSC kicks in!! Maybe that's why I got new tires too but I really love the PSS9. No harsh ride at all and the handling improves a lot.
Sounds great, get some pics up when your dropped and ready:thumbup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts