E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK......Decided on the Stealth boxes because after using up my entire trunk on my previous car with audio equipment im deffinitly liking my trunk the way it is now......empty.

From wut I gathered from searching this and other forums is that with the installation of the stealthboxes im gonna have to disconnect both the HK subs and the 2 rear deck speakers. Correct me if im wrong please. So that leaves me with just the two speaker locations in the rear side panels (i have an 2002 coupe with HK by the way) to use for rear fill. Im gonna go with MB Quart (witch i used in the old 240sx) or A/D/S. Going with seperate componants in the front doors.

:dunno: Heres my Question......I wasnt able to finda solid answer as to wut i could fit in those two rear door sill speaker locations (just a decent pair of caoxials would work) as i would like to keep some rear fill...... and since the factory subs and deck speakers witch are both in the trunk are now gone with the stealthboxs back there. Wut u guys using? Also.....most likely goin with Jl 300/4 for door componants and wutever i decid on for the rear......and a 250/1 for the stealths

·
Registered
449 Posts
If you have a coupe, then you're talking about the two 2" mids in the side bolster in the rear seat. Unfortunately, I haven't found any company making 2" midrange speakers to replace them with. Also, there is so little depth behind it, I doubt anyone would have a decent replacement.

Just to give you some background - I'm running a very similar setup. I have the JL stealths and 2 way components up front. I'm powering the whole thing w/ a JL audio 500/5. The components are bi-amped, so that 2 x 100 channels go to the woofer, 2 x 25 channels go to the tweeter, and the 250/1 goes to the stealths. I have my Kenwood deck powering the stock rear mids I mentioned above.

If you DO find something to replace those mids - please let me know!

-D

illmatic7281 said:
OK......Decided on the Stealth boxes because after using up my entire trunk on my previous car with audio equipment im deffinitly liking my trunk the way it is now......empty.

From wut I gathered from searching this and other forums is that with the installation of the stealthboxes im gonna have to disconnect both the HK subs and the 2 rear deck speakers. Correct me if im wrong please. So that leaves me with just the two speaker locations in the rear side panels (i have an 2002 coupe with HK by the way) to use for rear fill. Im gonna go with MB Quart (witch i used in the old 240sx) or A/D/S. Going with seperate componants in the front doors.

:dunno: Heres my Question......I wasnt able to finda solid answer as to wut i could fit in those two rear door sill speaker locations (just a decent pair of caoxials would work) as i would like to keep some rear fill...... and since the factory subs and deck speakers witch are both in the trunk are now gone with the stealthboxs back there. Wut u guys using? Also.....most likely goin with Jl 300/4 for door componants and wutever i decid on for the rear......and a 250/1 for the stealths

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well..........i decided not to go that route anyway. I went to my local shop and talked to the installer. Wut i decided to do was put to use a 12w3 i got sittin in my basement istead of goin with stealths. And im gonna power it with the jl 250/1. And i decide on 5 1/4 mbquart reference series up front....and 5 1/4 mbquart coax on the rear deck. My 12w3 pounded in my old 240sx. I do realize it wont be as load in the sealed trunk of the bimdaddy, but im not into the same groundshaking, rearview mirror crakin bass i was into in High shcool so the sub will be just fine back there. And i know wut to excpect from the MBs cause i had the lower discus line in my old car powered by an old infinity kappa amp.. So i figure the refererence line powered by the more powerful 300/4 jl amp would sound even better. Lemme know wut u guys thing

1 - 3 of 3 Posts