BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, after u guys lower your coupes, do u all have to buy a CAMBER ADJUSTABLE top mount?? to do the 4 wheel aligment.

i have done all EIBACH spring, pro damper and antirollbar.

thankyou

·
Registered
119 Posts
no because if you knockout the nipple on the top strut mount you get some adjustablity. But that is in some cases with sport springs however race sping setups may need camber plates. If you have the money buy the camber and caster adjustable plates if you track.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no because if you knockout the nipple on the top strut mount you get some adjustablity. But that is in some cases with sport springs however race sping setups may need camber plates. If you have the money buy the camber and caster adjustable plates if you track.

sorry , mine is the EIbach pro kit, so is it a sport or race.
and how do u knock the nipple out from the top mount??

So after u guys have lowered it, do u set the aligment setting back to default??
thankyoiu

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
So i just installed mine and i was told by a guy at BMW that i would need to buy them because my car wont be able to get alligned without it.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I put Koni FSD's + Eibach pros with new RSM's in the rear. as far as i can tell, my alignment feels great. im going to get one next week though because it should be done after things have settled. 2 weeks or 250 miles ive heard.

I wouldnt get the cambers unless you go lower then 1.5 inches, so ive heard.

BMW told me " well i wont suggests any aftermarked suspension because you'll have issues with your alignment and rubbing" they have to say that s***! like repeated about 90% e46'rs lower without cambers. you'll be fine, just dont pay more then 150 or 200$ for an alignment and you are good to go!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
762 Posts

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
+1

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Heck I don't even have a drop and the guy said he couldn't get it aligned without having to knock out the nipple, but I just said leave it. He also said something about the rear adjustment being at the limit, and lowering would require adjustable arms or something.

·
Registered
762 Posts
are u sure u dont have a drop...it looks like u have the oem m68's, 17"...if thats true, wheres ur wheel gap?...

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
are u sure u dont have a drop...it looks like u have the oem m68's, 17"...if thats true, wheres ur wheel gap?...
Photoshop took care of that :rofl:

·
Registered
762 Posts
betty nice!

·
Registered
762 Posts
it says to push your shocks to the inner most part of the slots. wouldn't that cause more camber? i would think they need to be pushed out.
push out away from the engine and u should get less camber...so yes you are right:thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts