E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any info or experience on these? These are the AFE Powerflow Intake Kit sold on bavauto. Do their claimed performance gains sound possible/realistic? Sorry if this is a repost.

"If you want more power out of your BMW, you need to let more air in! To keep engine noise at an ***8220;acceptable***8221; level, BMW encases the stock air filter in a plastic housing ***8211; a housing which restricts airflow into the engine. Installing a Bavarian Autosport Power Flow kit eliminates that housing, allowing more air to enter the engine so it can breathe as deeply as it wants. You get stepped-up performance you can both feel and hear. Installation for most kits is a simple, bolt-on procedure. Kits include reusable cone air filter, filter mount, bracket, instructions and hardware (where applicable). This kit increases power by 20 hp and torque by 27 ftlbs. "

·
Registered
102 Posts
I've been intrigued from the last couple of Bavauto catalogs promoting them, but I've been unable to find reliable or anything regarding these dyno-wise.

If true, that would mean all stock and ram cais are 15-25 hp+tq restrictive? That's unbelieveable :hmm:

·
Mod Squad
10,012 Posts
I coulda swore there were some past threads about this. :dunno: Try a search and see what comes up. Be sure to add an "*" at the end of AFE, because the search term as to be four characters or greater. :)

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
brandonx46 said:
Does anyone have any info or experience on these? These are the AFE Powerflow Intake Kit sold on bavauto. Do their claimed performance gains sound possible/realistic? Sorry if this is a repost.

"If you want more power out of your BMW, you need to let more air in! To keep engine noise at an ***8220;acceptable***8221; level, BMW encases the stock air filter in a plastic housing ***8211; a housing which restricts airflow into the engine. Installing a Bavarian Autosport Power Flow kit eliminates that housing, allowing more air to enter the engine so it can breathe as deeply as it wants. You get stepped-up performance you can both feel and hear. Installation for most kits is a simple, bolt-on procedure. Kits include reusable cone air filter, filter mount, bracket, instructions and hardware (where applicable). This kit increases power by 20 hp and torque by 27 ftlbs. "
Their gains sound kinda high. If it really yields 20hp, I would get it.

·
next mod: recaro child seat
2,220 Posts
search around...on here (check the site sponsors forum), and on bimmerforums.com ; there's threads...i've been looking at this intake also, and i like the design of it...20hp??? doubt it, but it still looks pretty functional....

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
9,733 Posts
russ330 said:
add an "*" at the end of AFE, because the search term as to be four characters or greater. :)
Fixed. All future threads with AFE will be indexed for searching.

Tim

·
Registered
460 Posts
after selling my gruppem i couldn't stand how quiet my car became... my car lost it's balls.. i figured i could last until i got something that went "whiirrrrrrrr" when my warranty ended next year..:eeps:

but i coudln't..having some extra fun time cash.. i just bought the aFe.. needed something and didn't feel like buying another gruppem.... i'll be doing a before and after dyno in about 1.5 hrs from this post..

but not expecting much because the ecu wont get any adaptation time.

·
next mod: recaro child seat
2,220 Posts
Iniquity said:
after selling my gruppem i couldn't stand how quiet my car became... my car lost it's balls.. i figured i could last until i got something that went "whiirrrrrrrr" when my warranty ended next year..:eeps:

but i coudln't..having some extra fun time cash.. i just bought the aFe.. needed something and didn't feel like buying another gruppem.... i'll be doing a before and after dyno in about 1.5 hrs from this post..

nice...you should try the ecu reset trick...not sure if it really works, but worth a shot...

looking forward to your post.... :thumbup:

·
Are we there yet??
6,352 Posts
Iniquity said:

Love to see how the AFE Dynos!

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
AFE dyno'd 11 whp for an M3 on bimmer.org, so figure 8 whp for 3-coupe's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts