E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there running the AEM intake on their E46 ? I had one prior on an Acura Integra and i noticed a difference in performance right away. I'm wondering if that could be said on a bimmer. :dunno:

·
Banned
6,264 Posts
I think it depends on what type. If you get the short ram, it's basically a hot air intake b/c of no heat sheild. If you get the benfer or dinan style one, where it sucks the air in through the bumper, then you should notice some of a difference.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
D_Ultim8 said:
I have the AEM Cold Air Intake on my car and I definetly noticed a difference after installing it!!! :thumbup:

I'd recommend it to anyone!!

Thanks for the reply. Did you install it yourself ? If so did you have to remove the front bumper ?

·
.--. . -. .. ...
4,365 Posts
Penguin Koolaid said:
I think it depends on what type. If you get the short ram, it's basically a hot air intake b/c of no heat sheild. If you get the benfer or dinan style one, where it sucks the air in through the bumper, then you should notice some of a difference.
Actually, short rams DO have heat shields....and I did notice something from it.....

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
cowmoo32 said:
Actually, short rams DO have heat shields....and I did notice something from it.....
Depends on the intake. Certain intakes are just cone filters stuck onto the tube. Those suck.

Other short ram intakes (like our buddy the GruppeM) use a heat shield. The GruppeM also draws cold air from the air inlet under the headlight and from lower in the bumper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.