E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so here is the deal....bought my 2001 325ci about 1 month and a half ago from a guy in Jersey. 44K Miles on it, so I wanted to get every little thing possible taken care of while I could, before the warranty runs out at 50K. So there are a couple minor issues and I decide to take it into the service center at Performance BMW in Chapel Hill, NC...

One of the issues is that the lights on my head unit don't illuminate. The NAV screen works fine and the head unit itself works fine, just no illumination. So sounds to me like a burnt out bulb or possibly a blown fuse, but what the hell do I know? :dunno: In addition to that, the freaking tape deck cover thingy has been pushed into the unit, and I can't reach it to get it out. So anyway, I take it in and then get a call from the SA today...he says that it turns out there was a ton of aftermarket wiring done to the car, linked up to the stock CD and NAV....possibly a DVD player or a PS2, he says. So that, as a result, he can't fix these two minor items under warranty. In addition, he says the NAV screen is only coming on occasionally now when he starts the car. :thumbdwn: WTF? This definitely wasn't the case when I brought the car in. He says they will resolve the issue, but what if I pick up the car and the NAV screen is working fine, but a week or so later, it stops working? And the other question is, what about the illumination and the tape deck cover...should I press them on that? Take it to another service center? Take it to an audio/video place? Or just deal with it?

Lastly, and this is off topic, but worth mentioning...Another item I asked them to look at, was that one of the seat cushions in the back seat seems to have "deteriorated." As in, you push on the leather, and there is basically nothing under it. Seems strange since no one really rides back there. So the SA tells me...."well, i don't know how to tell you this, but someone has cut a neat little rectangle out of the foam cushion...and well...there is some...well it looks like marijuana residue in the cut-out." :yikes: HAHA, fuking great, just what I was hoping to buy, a drug transporter :)

Any input very much appreciated!! :hi:

·
A Flammable Plumber
4,011 Posts
adamu77777 said:
So the SA tells me...."well, i don't know how to tell you this, but someone has cut a neat little rectangle out of the foam cushion...and well...there is some...well it looks like marijuana residue in the cut-out." :yikes: HAHA, fuking great, just what I was hoping to buy, a drug transporter :)
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: .... sorry to hear about ur problems though

1 - 3 of 3 Posts