BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I got a 325i sport e46 facelift and im looking at getting some wheels they are
19" - fronts are 8.5J and the rears are 9.5J with an offset of ET20.
The tyres Front:235/35/19 Rear 265/35/19

is this offset ok or will i get rubbing on the arches?

all advice welcomed

thanks for all advice given

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Not even close to fitting in the front OR rear. Do some research before asking such a brutally obvious question. They'll poke about an inch in the front and an inch and a half in the back :facepalm:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hi sorry to hijack the thread.
I just bought 18x8 and 18x9 for the rear, both with offset of 35. what do you think? im worried if it'll rub the strut housing.
I'm planning to put 215/40/18 front and 245/35/18 rear.

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
Hi,
I got a 325i sport e46 facelift and im looking at getting some wheels they are
19" - fronts are 8.5J and the rears are 9.5J with an offset of ET20.
The tyres Front:235/35/19 Rear 265/35/19

is this offset ok or will i get rubbing on the arches?

all advice welcomed

thanks for all advice given
The offset is too low for your car. These will rub under compression.
vaah said:
Hi sorry to hijack the thread.
I just bought 18x8 and 18x9 for the rear, both with offset of 35. what do you think? im worried if it'll rub the strut housing.
I'm planning to put 215/40/18 front and 245/35/18 rear.
The fronts will be fine, and the rears will probably be fine as well. I don't see any major issues with clearance, especially with those tires.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Sorry for bringing up old thread. So two years ago I went ahead with the said wheels and the rear always rubbed the fender when there's a bump or uneven surface. It was even worse if i have passengers at the back too. Everything is still stock, I only changed the shock. Do i need to change the spring as well?

Please I need your advice. I've kept the wheel stored for the last years and now I want to make it work. Thanks

·
Registered
963 Posts
^ Stiffer springs may help. Only way to really get rid of the rubbing is a narrower tire, rolled fenders, or more negative camber.

·
Registered
148 Posts
^ Stiffer springs may help. Only way to really get rid of the rubbing is a narrower tire, rolled fenders, or more negative camber.
What spring would you recommend?
I don't think i can go any narrower cos the tires are already stretched as they are. If possible i would like to avoid fender roll. i wanna keep the body stock.

I saw your sig pic, what size is your wheels and tires? looks like you went with negative camber..

·
Registered
963 Posts
I don't have the foggiest clue on the rates of the available lowering springs for the E46.

My car has 18x9.5 et25 wheels all around. I am running stretched tires (225/40-18), negative camber (-3 up front, -2.5 out back), and my fenders are rolled.

·
Registered
148 Posts
My tires are 225/40-18 front, 235/40-18 rear.
I decide not gonna lower the springs.:pimpin: My body rub the bump when there's a speed bump, this uses stock setting, wheels and tires so i can;t go any lower than stock. Also some road surface here is pretty uneven + bad, not to mention sometimes there are potholes.:thumbdwn: I'll give negative camber a try, see if it works.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts