BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be having a Rogue Engineering short shift kit installed in a 2006 M3. This will be my first M3. The car will be driven 100% street. I am looking to improve the smoothness of the shifting function, not necessarily trying to shift as quickly as possible. What are the specific positives/negatives of the CDV delete? How does it feel diferently then stock function? Particularly interested in anyone who has done it with the RE SSK. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have a stock shifter, and I recently did the CDV delete and to be honest I didn't feel a HUGE difference. It made a difference, but it wasn't like gigantic. Definitely worth it, as it costs close to nothing to do and it makes an improvement. Combine the CDV delete with a clutch stop and it makes it even better IMO. Much more smooth/less hesitation.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I had a SSK (not sure what brand) and removed the CDV, makes a difference and you will tell. I sold the m3 back to the original owner after I had removed the CDV and he has another m3 with the CDV still installed and he asked why the clutch felt so different and I told him the CDV was removed....he liked the difference.

·
Registered
27 Posts
DO IT! it makes the car shift like it should have come from Germany! Esp. 1st gear to second. I did the Tischer SSK at the same time and I am VERY happy I did both. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm gonna order the BMW SSK soon ( won't get here til April 3) anyways what is a CDV delete as I want this done when I have my SSK Installed. Is there any side effects to doing this. Thanks in advance guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts