BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some research on the history of Heim Joint endlinks but found no explanation of the advantages of it that can be applied to why swaybar manufacturers would want to use it.

The reason for this post is to find out whether there are other alternatives to the worn heim joint endlinks on my UUC sways that is causing noises.

Or whether anyone knows the advantages of this type of endlink for sways? Maybe we can find another company that sells non adjustable endlinks to prevent the needed maintenance of the heim joint style.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone replaced their uuc swaybar endlinks?

Any suggestion into which company offers more hardc0re endlinks that will last longer than the stock UUC ones?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dunno if GC sells heim joint type endlinks that'll work with the UUC sways ( or are all adjustable endlinks the same and will work with all bars? )

I was over on UUC's site and seems like the M3 sways includes much beefier endlinks

4,231 Posts
Rubber bushings, by their nature, have much more deformation and therefore movement than a metal heim joint. The deformations result in an alteration of the swaybar characteristics, and this changes over time as the rubber gets older and either weaker or stiffer (depending on the type of rubber).

Call UUC on Monday (908-874-9092) to talk about a replacement set of our new heavy-duty endlinks (which are now included with all UUC swaybars, not just the M3).

- Rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts