BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I be interested in these silicone radiator pipes as a m54b30 owner?

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Nope.

They offer very high heat resistance, which is not a problem for the OE hoses.

Otherwise, they do not solve any problem we have, generally speaking.

t

Reactions: BaliDawg

·
Registered
'02 330i 5-Speed
5,414 Posts
Not unless you want a little "bling" under the hood.

Besides which, they don't have the quick-connect plastic fittings on either end, so you'll have to figure out a way to adapt the stock hose ends. More trouble than they're worth.

·
Registered
167 Posts
They last longer than the rubber ones tho, if you need to replace the ones you have now i would go for them, if not leave as is

·
Premium Member
2000 328i ZSP Manual
401 Posts
As markusmarkus(I think?) usually says, "aftermarket cooling system parts are strictly verboten". Save your money and buy Genuine hoses.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input from everyone! Appreciate it greatly...I'll spend that money elsewhere seeing that I just got a new code/light on the dash!

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
4,169 Posts
They last longer than the rubber ones tho, if you need to replace the ones you have now i would go for them, if not leave as is
Here's the problem with silicone based coolant hoses (quality and percentage of high quality silicone?) and nylon/plastic clip on hoses.

The nipple was not designed for such and is already old. Also many of the plasticizers have left the ends and they're more prone to failure with the high torque needed for thick silicone hoses and the correct wide clamp.

Then where will you get the O Rings for the inside?

Don't get me wrong, I like silicone hoses....good ones and proper metal ends to clamp them to.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I installed Bimmerworld hoses 15K miles ago and haven’t had an issue. They’re black, so the ‘bling’ factor is negligible, not that I care, as I’m the only one who sees under my hood. They’re no more prone to failure than OE, so do what you like. Are they “worth it”? Opinions vary.

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,823 Posts
like already mentioned, no need on the M54. OEM will fit better and are completely up to the task.

Reactions: Anticdubai
1 - 11 of 11 Posts