BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered the auxiliary input cable from my dealer but I was just wondering do I need anything else to connect my iPod to my car. I have the cd changer pre-wiring so the input cable just plugs into it. All I'm missing is a cable to go from the ipod to the plug on the input cable. Has anyone ever done this before? I'm gonna run a cable from the back where the cd pre-wiring is to the front, I'm not interested in doing a big job. ..

·
Registered
431 Posts
I did it and I gotta say it is the best mod you can do... do a search and I posted about it

I would recommend ordering either the short or long eurotray to replace your cupholders and look into hardwiring - there are various ways to hardwire including using the 12v switch from your phone adapter which is already in the center console are going the long route which I did - using the belkin cig adapter and hardwiring that to your cig lighter underneath your shift boot - I just added a nice red LED light switch which matches the car and mounted this where my coin holder tray is...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts