BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I add a pager or a shock alarm to the stock BMW alarm? What is involved? Do any of these pagers actually work?

·
• DFW •
2,471 Posts
yup u can add the 504M shock sensor to it. Do a search should be easy. As far as a pager... dont know... anyone tried it yet?

·
Registered
650 Posts
I've found a company which does the pagers and they respons to requests about their products, but I can't get them to answer emails regarding buying the stuff or where to buy it :) They are based in Taiwan.

http://www.generalsecurity.com.tw/

I've been looking into getting a mobile based pager system (GSM, not Radio transmission) which will interface with the OEM alarm becuase I don't want extra keyfobs and the extra messing around with a replacement system. The GSM modules they do just splice into the factory wiring and take the signals from there so its quite straight foward. If I don't get an email response in the next few weeks I'm going to call them, but I don't understand why they are making it so difficult unless it isn't possible to use it outside of that region.

I'll post back when they get back to me.

Hth,
Stuart.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I lived in Taiwan before and speak chiense I can call them and find out

perhaps u can provide me w/ more details on what exactly is it u were looking for?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts