E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I repsonded to a post over in general and no response so figured maybe actually posting in the lighting section would see better results.

I am curious whether or not E46s are prewired for the factory fogs? I just picked up a second E46 as a winter beater (my current is rear wheel drive '04 and the new one is an '01 325xi) since the winters here can be pretty rough. It currently has the blanks in the front bumper which look like they can be removed to install the factory fogs. My thoughts are get a new switch for the inside that includes the fog light switch and buy some factory fogs... but I really don't want to start running new wires and splicing into things.

Any thoughts?

·
Shifting
30,825 Posts
There IS a thread where someone adds the needed wiring and shows how to hook it up properly to have the fog lights working. Let me try to find that thread.

And yea, you will have to run a lot of wire... unfortunately. If the 325xi doesn't have xenon lights you can greatly greatly improve your lighting by adding Morimoto Mini H1 projectors $100, a xentec hid kit from ebay with 5000k bulbs $33, wire harness from the retrofitsource $15 and projector shrouds for $15 and you will have excellent light output.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Damn i searched too and couldn't find it... Guess i didn't look long enough. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Bimmer App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts