E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my first BMW...Harman Kardon blows. I want to run two amps, a 6 channel for the (new)speakers and factory sub(replaced6x9). Then a mono/2 channel for a sub or two. I dont know if i should run loc, or high level inputs. If i use high level inputs, post-amp, would the signal be tweeked because of bmw's crossovers or would the amp take care of that business.
Running new component speakers, means i have to use new cables. where should i hide them?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Either way you go post factory amp will work, just installed my sub and amp on Wednesday and had to use PAC soem-t very easy took two hours start to finish.

·
Registered
615 Posts
JL audio amps will accept pre amp signal directly. Or you can use an interface like an AudioControl xover or EQ or active line driver. Or an Alpine Imprint 650 or 660 will work. LOCs will attenuate the signal and degrade SQ.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Btw you don't need new cables. Tap signal pre amp, drive the post amp wires with your aftermkt amp and drop in your components up front. No new wire is really needed

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pre-stock amp to aftermarket amp. then cut stock wires and just power those? I'm assuming i can tap pre amp twice for the separate amps?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I'm going to tap pins 1,2,24,25 for my sub.
But what pins should i tap for the amp running the speakers?
Will i have to combine wires to cover all frequencies?
BLahhh way to many wires!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts