E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you from the DDE post wondering about the Adaptive headlight option, the following is from the bm3w.co.uk website. I believe they are included in the Xenon option. Official BMW release...

Adaptive headlights optional in both the coupé and convertible:

Introducing intelligent adaptive headlights, BMW is revolutionising the world of headlights technology: As if they were guided by the hand of a magician, the headlights show the driver the right way round a bend and significantly increase traffic safety in the process. The 3 Series coupé and convertible are indeed the first BMW models to benefit from this revolutionary innovation.

The adaptive headlights introduce a variable headlight control system geared to your specific situation on the road. This anticipative illumination of the road ahead is based on a system of sensors and computers, the adaptive headlights directing two bi-xenon headlight modules geared to the steering to the ongoing course of the road and thus offering the driver a better and safer outlook at the road ahead both in front of and in bends.

LED rear lights with fast-action brake lights:

Two other brand-new features on both the coupé and convertible are the rear lights and the third brake light in innovative, brilliant LED 3D technology. The big advantage of these light-emitting diodes (LEDs) is that they are not subject to any wear and tear and do not require any maintenance. And since electronic control and operation of the lights is faster than with conventional bulbs, the brake lights respond more quickly, telling motorists following from behind even more quickly that the driver is applying the brakes.
This LED technology enhances the active safety of both the coupé and convertible, the dynamic two-stage brake lights changing in size and intensity as a function of vehicle deceleration and thus informing drivers following from behind that the driver is, say, applying the brakes all-out. The big advantage for all road users is that this further minimises the risk of bumper-to-bumper collisions. These new two-stage brake lights will first be featured in the US versions of the coupé and convertible, then entering other markets after receiving homologation in each respective country.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Does anyone know for sure if this is included with the xenon lights? I have a march production M3 with xenons and I would want this option!

·
Registered
304 Posts
YEs/No - M3

The March (mid I think) Production date M3's will have the LED Tail lights, but not the adaptive headlights, there is some discussion as to whether they will make the 04 modle year in Sept.... BMWNA is non-commital on the issue

·
Registered
304 Posts
Special!

:flipoff:

Is'nt that special?
He made a gif! Big Golf Clap everyone!

well done! :pimpin:

·
Registered
11,056 Posts
those new headlights might be more dangerous.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts