E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone 330 been up against one of these? Got a friend buying a Acura 3.2cl type S and he thinks the cars are totally comparable and his would be faster if it wasn't for my mod's.
Opinions??
:dunno:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Not sure with 3.2 CL. I did had 2.2 CL and it was slower than my 325i.
One thing for sure, Acura offers much better customer service than BMW.

·
Say hello to my lito fren
599 Posts
buajajajjajajaa:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

who is this friend of yours?? Lloyd, from dumb-n-dumber?:confused: Dude, a stock 330ci will OWN any type-s, anyday, auto or manual!

lets just say that I am 9 for 9 against them, and I am pretty much stock (in performance mods), and to be honest, the closest they were to me were 2 car lenghts....

tell your friend to have a coke and a smile, before he gets totally :eek:wned:

·
Registered
440 Posts
hmm..i don't know...but I raced an Acura CL...i don't know if it was type S but...I was doing 90 mph with him down 19th Ave (in SF) he had 4 people including the driver, i had two including myself, I was only beating him by a little bit and revving about 4 something rpm at 4th gear...but i don't think they can beat 330 stock vs stock...but it might be a good match...*shrugs*

·
E46Fanatic
3,060 Posts
yeah, one of my friends has a 02' TL type S w/ the aero kit. my car is manual, beat him hands down.

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,505 Posts
ssabripo said:
buajajajjajajaa:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

who is this friend of yours?? Lloyd, from dumb-n-dumber?:confused: Dude, a stock 330ci will OWN any type-s, anyday, auto or manual!

lets just say that I am 9 for 9 against them, and I am pretty much stock (in performance mods), and to be honest, the closest they were to me were 2 car lenghts....

tell your friend to have a coke and a smile, before he gets totally :eek:wned:
it doesnt have to be lloyd..

·
Manwhore
2,517 Posts
I have owned both. And its too close to tell... but the manual 330 should be able to take it. UNLESS the type-s is a 6-speed with headers, then my money is on the type-S. :eeps:

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
330 coupe/sedan
Manual, 1/4 mile avg - 14.7 s
Auto, 1/4 mile avg - 15.0 s

CL/TL Type-S coupe/sedan
Auto, 1/4 mile avg - 15.0 s

Manual 330 can win, auto they're about the same. I don't recall CL Type-S manual times (if any).

·
Manwhore
2,517 Posts
jp323i said:

Manual 330 can win, auto they're about the same. I don't recall CL Type-S manual times (if any).

I still go onto the acuracl forums. The 6-speeds been getting around 14.2-14.5 in the 1/4 (these are owners not magazines)

·
Owner
3,747 Posts
The stick CL-S and stick 330 are very evenly matched in terms of 0-60 and 1/4 mile. Maybe a tenth of a second difference, meaning the better driver would probably come out as the victor.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The CL-S and the 330CI are very close. The edge goes to the 330 though. The 0-60 are so close that on the street it would depends on the driver. I think in every other aspect though the 330 wins by a larger margin. You can't go wrong though with all the standard stuff you get with the Acura.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts