E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Havin issues with my 330i once again! Now it appears as though I have unlocking problems on the car. I went to get some gas yesterday but the doors wouldn't unlock and I was almost bone dry. I don't have any issues with locking the car but unlocking is a different thing. Sometimes when I try to unlock with the key, it will only unlock the driver's door and that's it. Sometimes it will unlock all of them and sometimes it won't unlock any of them! The central lock also doesn't unlock my doors most of the time either!

By looking at some threads it could be an actuator or the general control module.

Please help!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Sounds like you GM5. Go to www.bmwgm5.com to read about it. They also have different repair options for you as well. I bought 2 relays for $30 and installed them. Less than an hour job.

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App

·
Registered
2 Posts
im having similar problem.doors lock but dont unlock with fob or button next to gear stick.boot opens with fob fine.then if i leave car for couple of hours its fine again.some days this happens two or three times that day,some times i can go two or three days without this problem.based on everything ive read i think its my gm5.where can i get this fixd cheap.doing it myself aint gona happen.im ok with soldering gun but this looks tricky.also im in scotland .

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same problem as stated above...any idea how much a dealer or local repair shop will charge to fix or replace the GM5? Will the issue with GM5 show up in the codes? Thanks!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Same here. GM5. I have not had it fixed yet, since, when I am just about to get in there and pull the GM5 out, it starts working again.
I think it's fu()<ing with me!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts