E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
3,917 Posts
I am going to run BimmerBrakes New Equal Length Headers.

Not going to do anything to the motor until the summer or so. During that time, I will install Raceware HeadStud, Port and Polish, 3 Angle Valve Job the head. :)
so your keeping internals stock with all that power? i didn't know it could handle it for any period of time longer than maybe a month.

· Registered
3,917 Posts
Who told you all this? :hmm: There is plenty of members on here running the stage 2 kit. .5 is Meth added to the kit. Plus, our internals are Forged.

-TrippinBimmer
i was just thinking all that power would require some beefier internals on our little engines forged or not but thats interesting. i guess if you are doing it by summer time building the internals than it won't be that long. how much whp are you shooting for? 365 maybe?

· Registered
3,917 Posts
tripp you gunna get a upgraded high flow inline fuel pump and upgraded oil pump from vac? they would probably help deliver the fuel better on top of injectors that josh has worked out that combo would be what you need for that hp

· Registered
3,917 Posts
Since, I am about to boost and thinking about keeping the GM Step Transmission.

I am planning on installing IPT Manual Valve Body. Also, thinking about getting a Performance Torque Converter as well.

The New Converter stall speed will need to be at least 500 RPM higher than the beginning of the powerband of your camshaft.

Anyone knows the PowerBand of the ZHP Cams? Would the PowerBand be the same when I Boost?

-Trip
i would use stock cams for stage 2 thats furusre. i would put in some aftermarkets and leave everything else alone.

· Registered
3,917 Posts
What is stage 2.5? Looking at AAs website I don't see how you're going to be hitting 3xxwtq, or is that just 3xxtq?

Looking forward to some videos!
2.5 is stage 2 components that includes a intercooler and .5 means methanol .. methanol if tuned for it is good for 15 whp. i could see trips bimmer putting out 355 whp and 335-340 wtq in reality. but we will see .. does he have headers and cams?

· Registered
3,917 Posts
After, I get my New Valve Body for the Tranny, New Tranny Software, 3" Custom Exhaust with Cut-Outs and install my M3 rear end. I have to do some minor mods and the s/c install will be complete and hopefully running well. Parts should be here Wednesday.

-Trip
most of your driving is in the city? what is your rev limit at? i could only imagine your 1st and 2nd gear at wot will be worthless :evil:

· Registered
3,917 Posts
Mostly Highway and some city. Rev Limit is at 6850. Since, I have an auto 1st and 2nd is not useless.

-Trip
completely forgot about auto.. it'll be like kpengs car lol. dosent he have a 3.91 or something thats crazy. can't wait for that dyno. 350 whp thats daily drivable day in and out would be ideal for me .. hopefully your at 350 :thumbsup:

· Registered
3,917 Posts
Sorry, I missed your question before.

The axles are from DSS, so their standard BMW M3 rate.

The trick is that you have to use Automatic axles, as the Manual ones are a completely different design. The part that makes them "custom" is that the centre bar is a different length than the M3 pieces.

There is another weak link if you are going to really hammer on the car: The diff output flanges. I replaced the E46 pieces with units from a '91 325i. (E30)
very interesting will be using those 2 ideas when its time to replace axles.. so output shafts are a perfect fit on our cars assuming you did it with no extra modifications needed..

what is the length of the axles?

· Registered
3,917 Posts
Installed ESS FI Cams on the car, Vanos Seals, New Valve Cover Gasket and the 3" Exhaust. I also need to install my newly used M3 Fuel Pump with Baffle with the new Fuel Filter. :D

-Anthony
think i missed it if you talked about how you times your exhaust cam sprocket..?
do you think shrick 264's would be a bad idea even if i got a tune for it? prob wouldent make as much power with the exhaust being only 248 but maybe you can elaborate on why bigger exhaust for f/i is better? i would think more intake would be just as good or better to fuel the fire...

btw thanks for showing me silicone intakes :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.